PDA

View Full Version : Clamp on Air Filters, Which One is the best?

02silverpile
04-03-2007, 10:53 AM
OK, I currently have a K&N with an outerwear. My question is.... Is the Durablue clamp on, Sparks clamp on or K&N clamp on better?
My K&N needs an outerwear. The sparks, and durablue I dont think do, because they are multi stage foam. These are easier to clean, and oil. I hate the oil process for the K&N. My question is, do these flow as much air, and do they protect against sand and dirt, and water the same? What are the pro's and cons of these two filters? Thanks.

04-03-2007, 10:59 AM
the k&n flows more air, but it also allows more of the bad stuff with it...i have neve had a problem or seen a better system of cleaning than with the k&n, if using the spray on oil. the others tend to be much messier than in that sense. i recently purchased a twin air filter, but have yet to install it. this is the first aftermarket filter that i will have that has not been a k&n. i also plan on running with a trimmed airbox lid too...

02silverpile
04-04-2007, 10:26 PM
So, no one can tell me if the Durablue, or the Sparks racing filters are any good? I cant believe no one has ran these. They are like $40, and I didnt want to buy on just to through it on the A/F meter to see if anymore air is flowed. I like the protection idea of a foam filter along with cleaning it. But I want to make sure I have adequate flow.

joshyz125
04-05-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm not a fan of the K and N's in the dirt, i have them in my street bike and truck.

I've always used the Uni or no-toil filters personnally

The no-toil oil and cleaner is about the easiest thing to clean that i have used

4TraxRider
04-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by joshyz125
I'm not a fan of the K and N's in the dirt, i have them in my street bike and truck.

I've always used the Uni or no-toil filters personnally

The no-toil oil and cleaner is about the easiest thing to clean that i have used

agreed in every way.