http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/ride%203-25-07/bumper3.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/ride%203-25-07/bumper2.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/ride%203-25-07/bumper1-1.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/ride%203-25-07/footguard1.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/ride%203-25-07/skid1.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/ride%203-25-07/skid2.jpg

Flynbryan19
04-03-2007, 07:51 AM
So they solid welded the front bumper to the frame at the bottom? :confused: Or am I looking at it wrong. If they did that was about retarded. Everything else looks common to me. Stock skids are junk, and stock heal guards aren't much better. The stock bumpers are also very weak, but if they welded the bottom mounts to the frame that was a very dumb move.

troutman561
04-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Those trees or whatever you hit come out of no where.

prey2none
04-03-2007, 10:06 AM
No the front fender is bolted on but it looks like he broke the mounting tab off.

I have to say the belly skid and swingarm skid is junk. I modified a yfz belly skid to fit and am getting the GT Thunder sprocket and rotor guards.

I hope you didn't get hurt that looks like a wild first ride...What happened?

ThePhantomRider
04-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Looks like the bumper did it's job though...took the hit and minimized transfer to the frame which would be mucho dinero to repair/replace...

TPR

bwamos
04-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Aye, I bet that would be a bit more expensive than the other frames to replace.

He definatly didn't baby it. :) I'm glad to see all the other parts held up well.

Looks like the heel guard was just a bolt backing out?

I'm glad to see that even though the rear skid got thrashed the swinger itself held up well to the beating.

One_Bad_400
04-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
So they solid welded the front bumper to the frame at the bottom? :confused: Or am I looking at it wrong. If they did that was about retarded. Everything else looks common to me. Stock skids are junk, and stock heal guards aren't much better. The stock bumpers are also very weak, but if they welded the bottom mounts to the frame that was a very dumb move.

are you freakin kidding me... becasue thats what i see too............ thats the dumbest thing i've even seen in my intire life... lol

QUADROOKIE
04-04-2007, 02:41 PM
No it is not welded to the frame.:rolleyes:

Dupontster
04-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Look at how the a-arms bolt to the frame. thats different

adrenalinefreak
04-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Hey...I'll be getting mine soon( the green one) I cannot wait. The a-arms are attached kind of weird. In fact the team I am on took the 1st of 5 bikes they got to Rocky Mountain to have Aarms modified because there is a pin or something so you cant just buy aftermarket a-arms right now (i believe) but should have nerfs and everything I need for next race. Was hoping to have it for my race this weekend, but no dice.

I'll post pictures of the finished product or as it starts getting finished! The seat is pretty stiff I sat on it when we got them at the dealership and wouldn't want to be sitting on that through rough stuff.

Anyway..I have to make the drive to Idaho now. YEA!!! WORCS Rd 4.

KingpinsEx
04-05-2007, 12:52 PM
It definetly looks like that bottom part is welded to the frame?? :confused:

esr250r86
04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
So they solid welded the front bumper to the frame at the bottom? :confused: Or am I looking at it wrong. If they did that was about retarded. Everything else looks common to me. Stock skids are junk, and stock heal guards aren't much better. The stock bumpers are also very weak, but if they welded the bottom mounts to the frame that was a very dumb move. Thats what it looks like to me too, that is a dumb Idea imo. But it looks like the quad took the hit pretty good.

04-05-2007, 01:18 PM
it is not welded to the frame...i thought so too until i saw one at my local dealer on tuesday...look at the same mount point on the left side in the same pic...that should help you see that it is not welded to the frame

actually, i think the part of the frame that the bumper bolts to broke off...so in effect, if what i am thinking is what actually happened, the frame broke...

esr250r86
04-05-2007, 01:21 PM
oh,good that would suck if it was but I dont think they would be that dumb.

04TRX400EX
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
If I broke that many things on my first ride of my brand new $7400 quad I'd be freaking out ... but on the other hand, it would give me a great excuse to buy aftermarket parts. At least it looks like he was having fun with it.

And I agree, it does look like they welded the front bumper to the frame which would have been so dumb. Glad to hear they didn't.

chipworkz
04-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
it is not welded to the frame...i thought so too until i saw one at my local dealer on tuesday...look at the same mount point on the left side in the same pic...that should help you see that it is not welded to the frame

actually, i think the part of the frame that the bumper bolts to broke off...so in effect, if what i am thinking is what actually happened, the frame broke...

Actually it looks like only the welds broke that attach the mount to the frame. The mount is missing in the picture so that is why it looks like it was welded directly to the frame. The welds are only maybe a half inch long on both sides so it should be a simple fix assuming the mount itself isn't all bent up.
I would rather have welds be the week link and brake than have the frame itself bend or brake.

Ride1Rob
04-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Looks to me as if when he hit it snapped that right side bolt in half. This probably happened when the bumper buckled jarring that right side of the bumper. The frame itself appears to have no damage. He's just going to have to find someone to back that bolt out and he should be fine. It appears that they designed their front bumper to absorb the impact and take the brunt of the force and not transfer it to the frame. It's pretty much a alot softer aluminum than the frame itself. Wonder how it would have affected the frame if it were an aftermarket bumper :ermm: One thing he didn't mention, how fast he was going when he hit.

QUADROOKIE
04-07-2007, 07:20 AM
looks like a good place to engineer some sort of gusset is right where the bumper mounts are.

270 mechanic
04-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Jason lubergh hit some one at his first race at Glen Helen it had an after market bumper it bent the bumper a little but did not hurt the frame at all!!!

Flyin-Low
04-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Wow.. I think he took the term "break in period" a bit too literally..

-Martin

slvrhwk
04-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
One thing he didn't mention, how fast he was going when he hit.

The funny thing is I didn't do it a buddy of mine was going to spin mud on someone and it grabbed traction.(rookie rider) First gear prob less than 5mph into the tree, but he may have still been on the gas. When I heard it I could have swore he snapped an a-arm.

The frame is just fine even the tab itself is not bent just need welded back on.

Flyin-Low
04-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Haha, that sucks man...

My buddy rolled my EX and bent the steering stem and I still raised hell even though its an older ride.. Now if he did that to my new quad omg, I bet you weren't too happy :cuss:

GIXXER1KR
04-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Looks like a very well built quad the only thing im leary on is the arms connecting to the frame.I wonder how it will hold up with the +3 aftermarket arms!!!:confused:

culichi
04-23-2007, 09:20 PM
a friend of mine burned my ltr clutch and it costed me a fortune to rewpair it, i could get a nice sterring stb....... lesson never give the quad to someone else.!!:mad:

Old Head
04-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Looks to me like you forgot about the break-in period.:ermm:

badquad
05-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Hope the frame is ok. When a buddy wants to try one of my quads, they know they have to have the money to repair it if they break it.. Its a rule of thumb where I ride here.. I got screwed on that when a chick wanted to buy my quad, so she was riding it, then it got stuck in gear and would not shift.. Then she said she did not want to buy it.. THat hurt my pocket and my heart. Hope your quad is ok.

pro-pain
05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by culichi
a friend of mine burned my ltr clutch and it costed me a fortune to rewpair it, i could get a nice sterring stb....... lesson never give the quad to someone else.!!:mad:

i disagree, no need to be harsh like that just have a rule that if they break something they have to pay for it. its like an unspoken rule - if you break it you buy it. i havent broken anything on any of my friend's rigs but i bet if feels like crap