slvrhwk
04-03-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm still at a toss up to go back and buy it or not:D

Still can't figure out why no one has bought it yet

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/sumrville4-1/Picture012.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/slvrhwk/sumrville4-1/Picture013.jpg

Flynbryan19
04-03-2007, 07:54 AM
It takes a die hard Cannondale guy to buy a C-dale these days. To the general population they're a dead brand. The guys that own them know how to get parts and work on them. But, like it or not they have a lot of quirks and gremlin that always have to be worked out.

jonesyboy123
04-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Where is this quad located at?

Thank you in advance

yamadjs08
04-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Thats cool, I also know where a ton of brand new ones are. But if you buy it. Please tear it down and update (crank bearing, motor mount, etc) the motor before you get any hours on it, makes things super easy and afterwards you can feel great riding knowing it won't leave you stranded. The main thing is the crank bearing, get it fixed before it eats the rod. Not to be the ***, but that thing is just one big problem waiting to happen for some new owner, who is now pissed because their brand new machine is broke and they don't know a thing about them... Not to mention the problems Cannondales had when they were in business, the quad has now been sitting for 5 years and there are even more problems awaiting to happen. Dry rotted hoses, corroded valve cover, etc.

Again, not trying to be the one to put anybody or anything down, I'm as diehard of a Cannondale owner as they get. But I've seen this happen to one too many people...

Buy it, get it rebuilt and updated, learn as much as possible about them and then rip it up and walk all over any other stock machine out there!:devil:

rollie
04-03-2007, 05:57 PM
i would buy that in a second, some day these bikes will be worth Alot of money and will be extremely rare!

troutman561
04-03-2007, 09:25 PM
People probably pass by that and have no idea the technology and how ahead of its time it was and still is pretty advanced. They probably think its some junk trash brand like those chinese things you see in pep boys.

witech
04-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Wow That brings back memories of when I bought my first Dale. Rolled it off the showroom floor . Still have it . It was a speed and is not as spectacular as my moto or custom Dales but has been my favorite . Best dam quad I have ever bought. I was die hard Honda for 17 years until the revolution hit.

happyboy
04-05-2007, 04:13 PM
sad thing that quad isn't worth much. Arvin shocks, late built motor. :( You can get a decked out fully updated dale for 4k or less.