PDA

View Full Version : Do I need new shocks?

ludvic
04-03-2007, 12:41 AM
I have a 1995 300ex that has the stock shocks still. How do I know if they are still good or not and what should I replace them with. I dont race or do MX or anything, just screw around in the dirt and stuff. Also note that I weigh about 250LB so I have to make sure they dont sag out too bad.

Thanks,

PS, Dont bother telling me this machine is too small for me as I have fun on it and thats all that matters.

400exracer511
04-03-2007, 12:58 AM
With the quad being a 95, chances are that they are shot. Check into a set of Elka rec. series or works A-T series. I think both these run around $350-$400 for the front pair. These will be an improvement over stock plus they will be valved for your weight. I don't know if there is any other aftermarket companies that offer a recreational shock for the 300 at this price so if you don't want to spend that much you will have to find a new set of stockers.

good luck.

400exrider707
04-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by 400exracer511
With the quad being a 95, chances are that they are shot. Check into a set of Elka rec. series or works A-T series. I think both these run around $350-$400 for the front pair. These will be an improvement over stock plus they will be valved for your weight. I don't know if there is any other aftermarket companies that offer a recreational shock for the 300 at this price so if you don't want to spend that much you will have to find a new set of stockers.

good luck.

Well unless he his buying a rear too, getting an elka front setup with ZPS is not the solution. Get a set of works used on this site, that would probably be the cheapest and easiest solution.

esr250r86
04-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Just buy another pair of stockers on ebay. They are probably shot from riding since 95 and not being worked on or anything. Also works shocks would be another cheaper alternative and be much nicer than stock.

Trevor
04-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Do the Raptor swap for the rear. Cheap and a verry nice upgrade over stock.