PDA

View Full Version : motor work and related issues

Rootar
04-02-2007, 11:53 PM
well it started blowing coolant all over the track at a TT race on sunday and we are going to go ahead and replace everything under the water pump cover this time not jsut the seals. and we are first gonna work out my intake and exhaust problems mianly becasue im mad that this buddy of mine just finished up his badass 440ex and was pulling me on the straights and out of the turns it was aweful and my crf shouldnt be that slow, (and no its not the rider smartazzes we switched and results were the same.

im gonna start with my intake problems being that my carb doesnt even sit in the intake boot properly and the boot setup from the carb to the filter has very sharp bends and lots and lots of resistance, not smooth at all but its solid, we are gonna fix that rear frame rail thats in the way and run big smooth aluminum megaphone setup to my airbox.

then im going with a sparks full exhaust or a motoworks full exhaust (04-05 450r) either or it have the bigger stepped up header and the mounts will be removed and replaced in the right spot to fit my 400 frame.

those will be done this week and im gonna try that out and see if its up to par (then that would have been my two problems) if it still aint pulling like it should then we are going in to check the clinder and head and vavles and etc... if anythings bad itll be replaced with kibble white stuff, if hte cyclinder is bad we will either bore one mm over or buy a new stock cyclinder and a new piston of course prolly 13.5:1 or so. and while we are in there ill go ahead and have a megacycle x-2 cam and new vavle springs installed even if nothing else gets replaced those will.

im hoping all this adds up to and much stronger motor, becasue lately somthing hasnt been right.

pappy ill get a pic of the frame mods we are pondering over at the moment, and you can give us some advice. thanks inadvance for that but do you guys think the cam and piston, and intake and exhaust mods will add up good????i want a motor that pulls hard and ive been prosmised i wont be disappointed after i get all these finished and together.

Glamis400ex
04-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Rootar,

Don't take this the wrong way I'm feelin for ya with all your issues. Man it seems like your'e having a ton of probs with that thing.

To think, I was seriously looking at that "roller" when it was in the classifieds.

Good luck.

Rootar
04-03-2007, 10:41 PM
it hasnt given me ANY trouble at my last 2 TQRA races just all other times i go ride:o , no worries my dad is fed up with us having to fix it all the time so we dropped it off today at Hampton Racing and Damon is gonna fix it ALL yes ALL every little thing, he used to help guys build these and he is gonna fix all my problems im having with over heating and the intake and exhuast and an entire notebook page of stuff i listed, and he is going through the whole motor and checking it over and replacing anything that needs its.

going with a full sparks, awesome new intake setup, megacycle x-2 cam... he said it would run like it should when i got it back end of next week and i wouldnt have any more little dinky problems to deal with. so its all good. having a few more key gussets installed that he noticed werent there that they added only when doing the crf so maybe itll hold up and little better.

i guess all it adds up to is still dinky problems that bug the hell out of me and the waterpump problems, but damon is an awesome motor builder and very good at tuning them, tonight he started up and 100+ horsepower ceetah equipped banshee he jsut finished up while i was there and it was saawweeeeet. cant wait to ride it at the 4th round of the TQRA im gonna give them hell to deal with in my class. they aint pulling the holeshot on me this time.