PDA

View Full Version : clutch basket removal

BossmanEX
04-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Anyone have a link to a guide for removing the clutch basket? I pretty much have the idea of removing the nut but wasnt sure whats needed to actually remove the basket. Also, is the basket supposed to have slack in it?

04-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Take the bolt off and jiggle it a little and it should come off. Putting it on might take a little time to get the gear things lined up. When its on it should not have any play in it but should be able to spin frealy when in nutrial

If your replacing the basket you need to take the stock one out and drill out the rivets to get the back gear thing off so you can putit on the new one. The new basket will come with screws insted of rivets. Aftermarket are about the same price as stock if not cheeper.

BossmanEX
04-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks, that helps alot. Right now the clutches are out. the center hub turns freely but the outer basket has lots of slack in it. I would think it is supposed to be tight except for being able to spin but it seems like it has a lot of slack up and down on the shaft. I was told that it was normal and would go away once the clutches were reinstalled. Any input?

04-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by BossmanEX
Thanks, that helps alot. Right now the clutches are out. the center hub turns freely but the outer basket has lots of slack in it. I would think it is supposed to be tight except for being able to spin but it seems like it has a lot of slack up and down on the shaft. I was told that it was normal and would go away once the clutches were reinstalled. Any input?

I think I know what your talking about. I think mine was like that so its normal. But the bolt should be put on with one of them air guns.