PDA

View Full Version : Bearings Problem!!!

4gatch
04-02-2007, 07:42 PM
I was out riding my z400 today and on my way back home i took a sharp right and i heard a pretty loud "thud" so i looked around and it sounded like i had a stick draggin underneath me , i drove slow on the way home and when i got home i realized it was soming from around the axle or swingarm..i called up to the local atv shop and they said it might be the bearings,,,a week before this i ahd took my fourweeler to the shop and they said that my rear left tire was loose and he had to replace the hubs i think on them and tightn the tire or somtin i cant remember but if anyone has any idea or suggesetion i would greatly appreciate them!

b.masden
04-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Well same thing happend to me and i bought some bearings and 2 months later after i put an hole in my left side case under the shifter they went out i solved my problem by putting a grease fitting on the housing hope that helps you out some.

JW450R1
04-08-2007, 02:16 PM
The rear axle bearings go bad a lot,depending on the type of riding u do.it should be a dayly inspection or so.Do u guys run case savers?.

4gatch
04-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Case Savers..i think i heard of them but iam not familiar...what r they

JW450R1
04-10-2007, 05:41 AM
this is a case saver.it goes on the front side of your sprocket.When your chain comes off it helps save your engine case.