PDA

View Full Version : Christian Paul Motorsports Long Travel Kit

MikeyM1980
10-08-2002, 07:31 PM
Just recieved this today, check it out!!

What I wrote:

MikeyM1980 wrote:
I'm interested in purchasing your long travel suspension kit for the 400EX. I noticed that your web site states that they start from $1619.95, well that price is in my budget and was curious as to what that kit included for $1619.95. I was also curious as to what brand a-arms you use or if they are your own then how are they made and what parts are included. Like I said I am very interested in purchasing your kit and hope to do business with you this week. Also, do you think you could through in a set of front and rear elka shockwares. Thanks

What they wrote:
We just tested a new version that has 20" quad rate Elkas and has 13" of travel(most all others around 11"). The diffenece being that the shock actually mounts to a heim joint. This allows you to change the lower shock position and thus the leverage ratio.The kit will also come with new tie rod ends(high misalignment heims).Castor and camber adj with eight hiems mounted to frame and heims instead of ball joints. The bottom saddle will be cnc'd from chrome moly and is due back from the machine shop this week(hopefully). We are taking orders now and are upto 14 sets, this kit only comes with elkas no preload quad rate shocks in either rezzy or piggy comp only or comp and rebound adj. We have a intro price of 1550. Just ask for free shock skins when you call. Any questions please call. thanks Rick
--(Name will be X-treme , made of .095" chrome moly,lifetime warranty,cnc bent tubing,tig welded, fully adj height,leverage,camber,caster and travel adj)

Sounds like a nice set-up, but I just order regular travel Elka from the quad shop. Front and rear cost me around $1450. Damn good price! But I wasn't offered FREE shockwears!(and I asked)

10-08-2002, 07:49 PM
hey that guy knows his crap! i talked to him in person quite a few times at the track, he is about 15 minutes or so away from me,ill be buying nearly all my parts from him, hes a nice guys and hes pretty fair

mikeym where are you from?

MikeyM1980
10-09-2002, 12:30 PM
I'm from Texas.

10-09-2002, 07:42 PM
you may find those a-arms on this site
http://www.merrellextreme.com/

indygncc
10-09-2002, 10:02 PM
Yeah Rick the owner of Christian Paul Motorsports is a very great guy. He is fully sponsoring me for next year. He really does know his products very well. Does anyone else on this site know him personally?

Juggalo
10-10-2002, 03:17 PM
man i would do anything for a set of those..i have never heard anything bad about the merrell extreme a-arms. hopefully next season i can pick up some sweet sponsors like that. i have a few sponsors now but i need more. those a-arms are bad *** i couldn't imagine 13 inches of travel..that would be so awesome!!

Dave400ex
10-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Sounds awesome. That would be awesome to have a Long Travel Front End and Rear End. If I had a lot of money I would go with Walsh Front and Rear with Long Travel Axis.

MEL
10-10-2002, 07:06 PM
indygncc, do you know what your going to run next year? if you run this set up let us know how it works on gncc s.

Nausty
10-10-2002, 08:25 PM
nice

http://www.merrellextreme.com/images/products/aarms/mx_p4_front_001.jpg

Ex_Rider43
10-10-2002, 08:31 PM
nice thats the ktm 520

I wish I had those a-arms.they are really affordable

Bean
10-10-2002, 08:37 PM
another thing (this is for tt/ft guys), instead of laeger/houser/ect a-arms, when u mount up the swaybar, it mounts on the top a-arm, so it is impossible to bind the alum arms, and i hav seen, played with, held, ect with those arms, VERY high quality and Danny, the owner, is a very nice guy

Juggalo
10-10-2002, 09:31 PM
can i order the new 20 inch shock kit yet? i'm going to see if my sponsor newt inc (for all your computer fixing needs http://newt7o3.tripod.com ) will help me pick up this front end. i'm VERY interested in it.

10-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Yea Rick is a great guy :rolleyes:

Wonder if those works fronts w/ rezzies will ever show up from May.:mad: Guess he is more interested in black market Elka's

Extremeracer167
10-10-2002, 10:34 PM
I can tell u the long travel Axis setup is absolutely UNREAL worth EVERY PENNY!!!!! I got a Janssen Racing swingarm with the long travel shock, and that made such a huge differance, i can honestly hit logs in 3rd gear flat out, and only feel a minor jolt. And thats actually quit amazing!!

10-10-2002, 10:59 PM
And thats actually quit amazing!! Your darn right thats amazing, and exactly what this rear set up needs.

I was so suprized at the performance of the front LT that it made me just a little disapointed with the rear. Now all I hear is this lt rear and if its as good as the fronts then I am sold, and this is especially good since the rear on the Ex just aint so great.

Guess I may have a slightly used Elka rear for sale in the future. :) :mad:

10-11-2002, 09:45 AM
ive talked to him quite a few times at the track, he really helps me out with what i should get etc i didnt realize his business was as big as it is i just heard of him this year , hey nausty is that the setup he wants 1600 somin for? man thats nice

indygncc
10-11-2002, 10:15 AM
Ill let you guys kow how the set up works in the woods. They are currently in production for a XC long travel arms. I believe they are going to be +1 +1/2, Kind of like the Houser XC set up.

02-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Rick is a very good guy He built my quad with me and rebuilt my quad with me. he also sold me elka long travel shocks quadrate and some Long Travel CPM arms.. heres a pic..