PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP.. Manual Question bout TPS

TMSmx47
04-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey guys whats up. I need some to see if my TPS is running correctly.. If you have a 04/05 Service Manual there should be a section to check the OM resistance reading. If someone could help me out I would really really appreciate it!!

04-02-2007, 07:53 PM
THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
INSPECTION
Disconnect the throttle position sensor 3P connector.
Measure the resistance between the Pink and
Green/yellow wire terminal of the sensor side connector.
STANDARD:4 - 6 k,Qat 20°C (68°F)
Check that the resistance between the Light green
and Green/yellow wire terminals varies with the
throttle position while operating the throttle lever.
From fully closed position to fully open position:
Resistance increases
From fully open position to fully closed position:
Resistance decreases

TMSmx47
04-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
INSPECTION
Disconnect the throttle position sensor 3P connector.
Measure the resistance between the Pink and
Green/yellow wire terminal of the sensor side connector.
STANDARD:4 - 6 k,Qat 20°C (68°F)
Check that the resistance between the Light green
and Green/yellow wire terminals varies with the
throttle position while operating the throttle lever.
From fully closed position to fully open position:
Resistance increases
From fully open position to fully closed position:
Resistance decreases

Thanks a million man! I cant thank you enough for that info!!!

I wanna check cuz they say its one of the "reasons" for the famous 04/05 kicker/side case blowouts... As I'm now on my second one in less then a year. :mad: :macho

400exrider707
04-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by TMSmx47
Thanks a million man! I cant thank you enough for that info!!!

I wanna check cuz they say its one of the "reasons" for the famous 04/05 kicker/side case blowouts... As I'm now on my second one in less then a year. :mad: :macho

Could you explain this a little better? This is the first I've heard of it

TMSmx47
04-03-2007, 08:10 AM
What part you explained better? The side case blow out or the reasons why it happens?

IMO, it happens to so many people, why didnt anyone ever come out with a stronger replacement over stock?

But reasoning, some say if you hit the gas while kicking it over makes the starter gear come out the back, others have said if your TPS is bad, it makes the bike switch itself to the WIDE OPEN throttle curve setting. Therfore kicking it hard on the firing stroke makes it kick back real hard and Bada-Bing.. lol.. Starter gear out the back of the case yet again. Not sure how much of this is all true though. Not even sure I explained it correctly. Its basically how I was told..

400exrider707
04-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by TMSmx47
What part you explained better? The side case blow out or the reasons why it happens?

IMO, it happens to so many people, why didnt anyone ever come out with a stronger replacement over stock?

But reasoning, some say if you hit the gas while kicking it over makes the starter gear come out the back, others have said if your TPS is bad, it makes the bike switch itself to the WIDE OPEN throttle curve setting. Therfore kicking it hard on the firing stroke makes it kick back real hard and Bada-Bing.. lol.. Starter gear out the back of the case yet again. Not sure how much of this is all true though. Not even sure I explained it correctly. Its basically how I was told..

The TPS is what I never heard of causing problems. I knew about not hitting the gas when kicking and made sure to never do that, but I recently noticed that I have a cracked case, now whether this was done by a younger sibling I will never know, but I would like to find out more about the TPS.

TMSmx47
04-03-2007, 03:41 PM
i hear ya.. it was only a suggestion given to me.. i checked mine out, it checks ok! so who knows what the hell the real cause is..