View Full Version : Bad Engine and Bearings problem please help

4gatch
04-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I just started hearing the engine noise a couple weeks ago, it sounds like a"tinging" noise, one of my friends said it might be that the timing is off, or worse it could be the piston knockn?

The other thing is a pretty loud noise coming from swing arm or the axle, iam pretty sure its the bearings but not positive??

Please help iam about to sell it and this just happend?

But if anyone is interested in buying, it is a 2003 z400 with yoshimura 450 kit on it , NOS THAT HAS BEEN USED ONCE ON THE STOCK ENGINE , rev box , yoshi pipe"full" filter, lsr axle n steering stem , graphics, bars, heated grips, new tires 99% all around, n prolly much more interested in selling for areound 3900 after i get EVERYTHING in perfect working condition,, i live in southern illinois

Z-Rider86
04-03-2007, 10:55 AM
If you hear a pinging either of two things could have happened. One your valves are off, or two get ready to spend some money cuz you just blew 'er up

4gatch
04-03-2007, 03:09 PM
I dont think there is anything wrong with the engine the guys at the shop, i duno what they wre thinkn, me n a friend checkd it out and it was fine, but there is still noise comn from around the end of the swingarm and by the axle i think its bearings...almost positive

Moto250X_Rider
04-03-2007, 09:56 PM
i know what your talking about lol....i hae a post up about this a week ago...glad u got someone t post......anyway....did try pulling in the clutch to see if it goes away?....try this if so that sound u are hearing is normal....i just had mine at the shop...my first z so i didn't know if it was a normal sound or what but the guy at the repair shop said that the Z's make that sound he said his is louder than mine...he even started up an enduro...witch the z'S MOTOR CAME OFF OF AND IT MAKES THE SAME SOUND MINE DOES...ack sorry for the caps...anyway...it might have bin there all along and u just picked up on it