PDA

View Full Version : Toy Haulers....

JRP
04-02-2007, 04:07 PM
well we were looking at a 20-24ft enclosed trailer, but this past weekend my dad saw alot of ppl's toy haulers and he wants one of those now. Hes not looking for a new one, but if the price is right we will get a new one. were looking for one that is around 30' or so and has a drop down rear door for the garage, and the garage part is seperated from the living quarters. we need something that will sleep 4 ppl. max limit is prob 25g. we are looking at raptors, but also this one too. let me know what you guys think! thanks alot!

http://www.rvoutletusa1.com/moredetails.html?86982590&sitecode=rvoutletusa1

signboy
04-03-2007, 07:55 AM
the Nitrous made buy Fleetwood is a nice one. I don't know what you are towing it with but the nitrous can be towed with 1/2 ton truck or SUV.

JRP
04-03-2007, 08:26 AM
were pulling it with a cadillac escalade. its a v8 and has the tow package.

JRP
04-03-2007, 08:29 AM
another thing is we want the partition wall. we want it to seperate the garage and the living quarters.

signboy
04-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I would check out the nitrous for sure. The towing capacity of the caddy is about 7800 pounds. Which ever one you decide on I would suggest a weight distribution hitch also, this will help a lot.

Here's the link to the fleetwood nitrous Fleetwood Nitrous (http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/nitrous/)

JRP
04-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by signboy
I would check out the nitrous for sure. The towing capacity of the caddy is about 7800 pounds. Which ever one you decide on I would suggest a weight distribution hitch also, this will help a lot.

Here's the link to the fleetwood nitrous Fleetwood Nitrous (http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/nitrous/)

yea i know what you mean, but look at this...
http://www.fleetwoodrv.com/brandtomodel/floorplan.aspx?brand=nitrous/ni&m=260FSX

see theres no wall to seperate the garage and the living space, andt hats what we want.

steveo39
04-03-2007, 08:37 AM
try this site .. i have a model 28srv and it is the best everything u could want in it

www.victorylane-rv.com

signboy
04-03-2007, 08:46 AM
You probably aren't going to find a lot that have seperate areas that the caddy will tow. That victory lane is nice but the caddy can't handle that size, its too big and heavy for it.

suzukiray
04-03-2007, 10:09 AM
I have a Feetwood Gearbox toy hauler & LOVE it! You need to beware of the trailers with garages in them as you are LIMITED on how many quads you can put in them. If you are only carrying 2 or 3 quads you might be happy. If you need to carry more, DON'T get a garage model. Also, just because your Escalade can PULL the trailer doesn't mean it can STOP it! I don't care what people say their half tons are rated for, they don't have the BRAKES & SUSPENSION for these types of demands. You will be much better off & much SAFER if you get at least a 3/4 ton vehicle. If you need to carry a lot of people get a 3/4 ton Suburban or Excursion. I know you can get the Excursion with a diesel so all the components & FUEL mileage will be better on it. Good luck whichever way you go but think SERIOUSLY about the components on your 1/2 ton vehicle when towing. Ray.

atvRiDa400ex
04-03-2007, 11:12 AM
i say if your serious about keeping this trailer and using it a lot, you look at the Weekend Warriors or a REGE'N. They are the best made toy haulers i have seen from having seen my friends have other toy haulers and them not holding up at all. I own a RAGE'N 30 foot and im pretty sure we only paid 27,000 brand new. Great toy hauler. here is a pic of mine

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/mestoe/DSCN1255-1.jpg

JRP
04-03-2007, 01:09 PM
thanks everyone for the opinions. we only need to put 1 quad int here now, and sometime when i get a backup bike we will need to be able to fit 2. we have the braking for the trailer, so any other options let me know! thanks

JRP
04-03-2007, 01:10 PM
thanks everyone for the opinions. we only need to put 1 quad int here now, and sometime when i get a backup bike we will need to be able to fit 2. we have the braking for the trailer, so any other options let me know! thanks

Rootar
04-03-2007, 01:15 PM
look into the predators and the work&play trailers both are nice are in your budget or lower

MentalState
04-03-2007, 01:39 PM
I had a work and play...It was nice but a little on the cheap side..It did also break a shackle...Rewelded it...If I were towing a trailer over 20 ft It wouldnt be with a CADDY...you will wreck that truck tow package or not...Trade it in on F350 and get a Victory lane toy hauler 5th wheel... :)

JRP
04-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by MentalState
I had a work and play...It was nice but a little on the cheap side..It did also break a shackle...Rewelded it...If I were towing a trailer over 20 ft It wouldnt be with a CADDY...you will wreck that truck tow package or not...Trade it in on F350 and get a Victory lane toy hauler 5th wheel... :)

haha yea right, its my moms, and theres NO WAY she would do that, lol. its "her baby" lmao. now my dad said he was thinking about trading in his kompressor for a truck, but i dunno

wvspeedfreak
04-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Jordan,check out the PACE trailers.You can design the floorplan exactly like you want it,they are well built and decently priced.

440racer66
04-04-2007, 06:36 AM
i have a gear box that has a seperate garage from the livin quarters it will fit two bikes side by side and both bikes are fully built for mx i can get pics but i would highly suggest getting a dieslsp truck

Rulz
04-04-2007, 06:47 AM
I've got a 2006 28 foot work and play and love it. I'm sure you will find nicer, better quality components in other toy haulers but for the money you can't find a better trailer. Mine brand new was only $17K and that was with the pull out awning, upgraded 15K AC, TV/Stereo package. It has separate living/garage, 14 feet for each side and fold down bunk beds in the rear section.

All toy haulers if you use them alot are going to fall apart. I've got friends that have bought the high dollar units and they have issues with them, seams coming loose on cabinets, door ways separating, hydraulic lifts operates occasionally, etc. So if I'm going to have a toy hauler, knowing they all are eventually going to fall apart, I'm wanting the lowest investment I can find. BTW, I would never buy a used camper or toy hauler unless it had zero miles on it!

JRP
04-04-2007, 09:01 AM
well im about 95% sure we are picking up this soon...

http://www.rvoutletusa1.com/moredetails.html?88134179&sitecode=rvoutletusa1

JRP
04-04-2007, 09:06 AM
oh and yes the escalade will pull it, we will have around 1700 lbs extra too. and the breaking will be good too.

Dave400ex
04-04-2007, 02:58 PM
The Escalade might be rated for it, but it will be very noticable when you are full of water and have a quad in there. Check out getting leveling bars and maybe the sway bar setup to help transfer weight to the front of the escalade.

You can go to Reese Products and then click on Weight Distribution

signboy
04-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by JRP
oh and yes the escalade will pull it, we will have around 1700 lbs extra too. and the breaking will be good too.

you are in for some suprises. Trust me. We tow a 24' enclosed trailer that doesn't weigh anything near that toy hauler with my Tahoe that has the same exact rating has your Escalade. you will definately want a weight distribution hitch.

flyboy62
04-08-2007, 12:11 PM
We bought a Coachmen - Adrenaline lite. Love it , they have different sizes. Check out coachmens web. & you'll also see www.rvusa.com is another place to check out. Good luck

strnge
04-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by atvRiDa400ex
i say if your serious about keeping this trailer and using it a lot, you look at the Weekend Warriors or a REGE'N. They are the best made toy haulers i have seen from having seen my friends have other toy haulers and them not holding up at all. I own a RAGE'N 30 foot and im pretty sure we only paid 27,000 brand new. Great toy hauler. here is a pic of mine

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/mestoe/DSCN1255-1.jpg

Can you post interior photos of your camper?

Can you take photos of the inside with and without your ATV's inside?

Can you take a photo with someone standing inside? I am 6'3 tall.

How many ATV's do you take with you inside?

How many people do you take on your trips?

Thanks,
Mike