PDA

View Full Version : Bel-Ray Chain Lube

Quad-Handler#2
04-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Does anyone use this stuff? And if so do you like it? I have been using this for about a year and I'm not sure if it works that good, I noticed today that I have 3 or 4 links that look like they are froze up.

04exking
04-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I used to but I don't use it anymore because I noticed the same thing

firefighterjosh
04-03-2007, 04:10 AM
I love the stuff. Best I have found IMO

04-03-2007, 04:37 AM
i have used it for years and have noticed the same thing as of late...when my current stock needs replenishing, i am going to try something else

firefighterjosh
04-03-2007, 04:43 AM
You have alot of hours on them chains?

If you ride alot most chains only last a year.

Also depends on conditions you ride in and how good you clean you chain.

When I first got my warrior I never washed it realy good. Left it muddy all the time. My chain wore out fast. Now that I had my banshee I washed the chain really good with 2 tooth brushes tapped together and then sprayed it down with the chain lube and never had one freeze or rust.

04-03-2007, 06:24 AM
the chain on my r is kinked...the bike was bought brand new on 2-27-06. it has maybe 50 or 60 hours on it.
i avoid mud as much as possible
i am very anal about cleaning my bike after every ride. i spend easily 6-10 hours on each one, inlcuding scrubbing the chain. after the bike dries off, i lube the chain adn then relube the day before i ride. very rarly does it sit more than 48 hours with the chain being dirty or dry...

i wonder if this has to do with using the superclean formula instead of their regular lube? i have noticed it more since i have gone with the superclean formula

Quad-Handler#2
04-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Its hard to tell how many hours I have on it, I clean everything down after I ride and give the chain a squirt so no water soaks in. The trouble is I still have a couple cans left, and I hate to throw them away, I will keep using it and see what happens.. Thanks for all the input, great site here for sure....

Eviltanker
04-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Try PJ1 (the black stuff)

coryatver
04-17-2007, 09:43 AM
I used the old version of bel ray chain lube and it made a huge mess of everything. It took me hours to clean that junk off. My buddy got some of the new clean kind but it doesn't seem to lube much. I just use wd-40. They say the kerosene base drys out the o rings but I am not to worried about it it works good and is cheaper and easily available.

Eviltanker
04-17-2007, 09:49 AM
With the new "black stuff" I have been happy just gotta make sure your chain is warm when you put it on and it will minimize fling when you ride.

Old Head
04-28-2007, 12:23 PM
I hate the belray stuff goes on like glue and stays sticky almost seems to bind up the chain. I use PJ1 now, very happy with it ( black label)

05Z400rdr
04-28-2007, 10:11 PM
I have it and have been using it for the past few years, never had any problems with it. :macho

Landon

d3ktrix
04-30-2007, 09:19 AM
One of my friend uses the bel-ray spray and his chain is kinked the same way.
Thought it was just old though, guess its a bel-ray trend. lol

I used to use the honda chain lube, worked really good, just recently switch to amsoil chain lube, pretty much the same stuff.
Your bike can be covered in wet sand and the cleanest part of the bike will be your chain. lol
The only thing that sucks about those two is they are brown and if your not careful when spraying it on your swing arm will be all brown.