PDA

View Full Version : stupid drivers

underpowered
04-02-2007, 12:28 PM
i hate people. people that do things like this should not drive. the guy in the car needs a boot to the face.

http://www.break.com/index/stupid_driver_causes_bike_crash.html

NacsMXer
04-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Man i'd be so pissed. Bike was probably right in the blind spot but still doesn't make it any less the driver's fault. :rolleyes:

Here's another one. How you can accomplish something like this is beyond me. You would have to TRY to do this lol :p :huh

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/10028

coolex
04-02-2007, 02:50 PM
that second one is hilarous

400EXTRA
04-02-2007, 03:20 PM
whats wrong with people?:rolleyes:

04-02-2007, 04:38 PM
first off, let me say that i have a lot of family that ride bikes and a lot of friends that have them also, so i sympathize with the bikers...

now, the crotch rocket driver should not have been passing...there was no where to go, and they were already going 65. i am sorry it happened, but the biker had no right to pass, imo

04-02-2007, 04:41 PM
its just a matter of "dumb and dumber"

400eXr1d3rZ
04-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
its just a matter of "dumb and dumber"
More like Natural Selection :blah:

ilpadrino113
04-02-2007, 04:52 PM
ya i hate people that drive like that. the same thing happened to me in my car. i always try to stay out of other poeple's blind spot as best i can.

As equally bad is people that cruise right in your blind spot, i always hate that. just makes yu wonder if they're trying to get an insurance claim.

Scro
04-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Man i'd be so pissed. Bike was probably right in the blind spot but still doesn't make it any less the driver's fault. :rolleyes:

Here's another one. How you can accomplish something like this is beyond me. You would have to TRY to do this lol :p :huh

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/10028

That one almost looks like the throttle got stuck.

atvRiDa400ex
04-02-2007, 05:08 PM
maybe he was in his blind spot....:ermm:

<DRS>GPF
04-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
now, the crotch rocket driver should not have been passing...there was no where to go, and they were already going 65. i am sorry it happened, but the biker had no right to pass, imo

agreed.. it looked he was gonna make a multi-car pass on a 2-lane road.. bad just waiting to happen..

<DRS>GPF
04-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad

agreed.. it looked he was gonna make a multi-car pass on a 2-lane road.. bad just waiting to happen..

04exking
04-02-2007, 07:36 PM
So you are trying to suggest it was the bikers fault. Who's side are you on?

04exking

04exking

04exking
04-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Sorry somethin is wrong with my computer

firefighterjosh
04-02-2007, 08:37 PM
The driver of the car knew the bike was back there if they where looking in there mirrors earlier.

Biker should not have tried to pass, expecially since he was in the blind spot right before he tried to pass.

IMO

Driver of the car should have looked better before passing the car.

Bike rider fault for trying to pass. You never try to pass multiple cars.

60% bikes fault 40% driver of the car

JOEX
04-02-2007, 09:05 PM
By the road striping it was a legal passing area. Whether or not it was safe at the moment is questionable.:ermm:

It also could be said the car driver intentionally blocked the bike rider:ermm:

underpowered
04-02-2007, 10:05 PM
IMO it was all the driver of the car. it looks to me as if he was trying to hit the biker. i am sure if the bike was on the throttle right next toe the car, the driver should have atelast heard him if he did not see him. This is exactly why riding a bike is so dangerous, the retard drivers out there that do not look. i ride bikes, and you have to be alert at all times because people in cars are not alert all the time and do stupid stuff like that.

D Bergstrom
04-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh

Bike rider fault for trying to pass. You never try to pass multiple cars.

I agree. (Yes, I do ride a bike and have my motorcycle license.) Car was ahead of the bike waiting to pass. First car in line gets to pass first, then the second, etc. Car had the right to pass, then the bike after him. The bike rider was impatient, and suffered for it. No one should be trying to pass both you and the person you are trying to pass. (Although it happens all the time. I am guilty of it also. Why?, because I am impatient.) The car is not totally in the clear, as the driver should have looked. The bike was on the far left of the car though, and it could have been the driver of the car did take a quick look and did not see the bike, as the bike looked to be in a blind spot.

Doug

esr250r86
04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by atvRiDa400ex
maybe he was in his blind spot....:ermm: Thats probably what happened, but he still should be paying attention. I get mad at my mom for yapping on the cell phone and not paying attention to where she is going, and I see others on the road talking and not paying attention to were they are driving and their surroundings, the kind of stuff that makes me mad, and when I make a mistake the cops get people like me who drive good most of the time but the ones that break the rules all of the time never get caught.:mad:

SGA
04-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
I agree. (Yes, I do ride a bike and have my motorcycle license.) Car was ahead of the bike waiting to pass. First car in line gets to pass first, then the second, etc. Car had the right to pass, then the bike after him. The bike rider was impatient, and suffered for it. No one should be trying to pass both you and the person you are trying to pass.

I agree with you. You can see cars are waiting to pass the slower cars ahead. The bike rider should have taken that into consideration and have been more patient.

I do not think the car pulled out on the biker on purpose. You cant really see it on the video, but theres a car RIGHT in front of the red car. You can see its shadow at the 12 sec mark on the video. The red car was really tailgating it and probably was ready to pass as soon as he could.
The biker should have noticed this and assumed the red car could whip out any moment to pass, blinker or no blinker.
The red car's driver should have put on his blinker on and looked before he went to pass.

I feel the red car was at fault legally and the biker was also at fault for using poor judgement.

Thats probably why theres over 1000 comments arguing about this video at that site.
Alot of people see whos at fault one way or the other , but not both ways.

I found this quote in the videos comments. Makes sense to me.
"If im the biker im going to be extra safe if my life is on the line. He should of had given more distance and then pulled into the lane. he turns right into the red's blind spot. granted red should of known the biker is behind him but whose life is on the line?"

firefighterjosh
04-03-2007, 02:31 AM
still one of my favorite bad driver vids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os6_qlw_xKI)

<DRS>GPF
04-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by 04exking

im on the side of a driver who clearly wasnt at fault for a bikers poor judgement.

ride aware, not so much aggressive(or ignorant).. when i ride, ive already made up my mind that im not seen by most drivers and prepare myself accordingly..

ATV Chic
04-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
still one of my favorite bad driver vids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os6_qlw_xKI)

How retarded does one have to be lol :rolleyes:

underpowered
04-03-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
im on the side of a driver who clearly wasnt at fault for a bikers poor judgement.

ride aware, not so much aggressive(or ignorant).. when i ride, ive already made up my mind that im not seen by most drivers and prepare myself accordingly..

exactly how you are supposed to ride to. when on a motorcylce you are supposed to ride as if you know that other drivers cannot see you. you have to think ahead while on a bike.

but i still say the car was at fault in the video, to intentional.