PDA

View Full Version : TRX350 Rancher Carb problem

slickd
04-02-2007, 11:51 AM
I am having an issue with fuel running out the carb drain tube. The float bowl drain screw is turned in tight and does not leak. When the fuel valve is turned on, the fuel will start leaking after 30 seconds. I have replaced both the needle and float but the problem still persists. After talking to the guys at the local honda dealer they say the seat for the float is pressed into the carb body and is not replaceable. They say it's time to buy a new carb. Has anyone seen this before and come up with a way to "reface" the seat, or even replace it?

BTW, when the tank is below half full the needle valve will hold because ther is less pressure.

Thanks,

joshyz125
04-02-2007, 06:24 PM
I've used a phillips screw driver, to "reface" the needle seat, for people in your exact spot, where you don't want to get a new carb. You gotta be carefull it's straight, and don't push very hard, i just put it on there, and turned it they aree usually brass, so it's soft enough that if you just turn the screw driver, and make sure you don't leave any burr, you can make it work.

On a side note, you said the drain screw doesn't leak, i've had the brass tube up the center split 1/2 way up and that was what was leaking,
Just something to check.