PDA

View Full Version : yz426f clutch problems

Blasterracer177
04-01-2007, 10:28 PM
ok im having troubles with my yz426f's clutch. ive got a hinson clutch basket and pressure plate, and ebc clutch kit and it is rubbing on the side cover and loosing all adjustment after it gets warm. wut the hell should i do? thanks.
if any one has information e-mail me at RACERDUDE808@netscape.net
any help or ideas will be very very appreicated. THANKS!!

04-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Did you put the basket on all the way? I thought i put my basket all the way one and all looked normal but the outer hub was rubbing the cover. Shortly after the basket broke. I found out it was all from the basket not beeing all the way on. Needs one of them air guns to put that bolt on. My 426 took a long time to get the clutch to work right. :grr:

Blasterracer177
04-02-2007, 06:07 PM
that wouldent break the basket or streach the threds out on the tranny?????????

tx450racer
04-02-2007, 07:06 PM
The same thing happened to the 450 motor i bought a couple a weeks ago but it is almost the same clutch setup as the 426. Tilt the quad up on its side and take the clutch cover off. Take out all of the clutch springs and bolts and lift the pressure plate out. The thing want to look for is the big nut that holds the basket on make sure the nut it tight (which it wasnt on my motor) and if it isnt hit it with an impact and make sure you beat the locking spacer up against the nut. This is my best guess at what it is because mine was doing the exact same thing. Hope this helps!

tx450racer
04-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh yea and before you tighten it up (if this is the problem) make sure the basket is all the way in like nacs420 said.

04-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Mine looked bolt was even tight but the impact gun put it on much farther. After I got that right I had fun trying to get the clutch to disengage better. Found out my oil was to thick (20/50):eek2: