PDA

View Full Version : need good answers bout sparks racing pipes

416 racer
04-01-2007, 09:35 PM
im interested in buying a sparks pipe and there like 3 optoins i guees i will be doing drags tt racing and lil motocross but when im not racing i still would like to go to the local wodds with my buddies and do trails hillclimbs and other stuff. Well ther is the big core optoin how loud r they like give me db ratings and if anybody had one did it make alot of power than the standerd core.My qustion i hear that eastcost makes a chorty sparks and i was wondering bout the power and the db rating. hope u can answer my quastions thanks.

Kendall33
04-02-2007, 03:11 PM
The big core has a decibel rating of 106 and the standard is 102 the power difference is barely there....so just for the sake of everyone being able to ride....get the quieter one:)....Curtis sells quiet tips for the big core or standard cores and those will fix your decibel problems with three bolts

If I'm wrong about the decibel ratings somebody please correct me

416 racer
04-03-2007, 07:18 PM
bump

esr250r86
04-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah, THey have a high decibal count and are pretty high performance pipes. They are also loud, so If you like loudness get them , but you can also put the quiet tip like Kendall33 said. Good luck.:)

Ride1Rob
04-07-2007, 06:22 AM
The big core is designed for bikes with motor modifications such as porting, higher compression piston, etc... If you put a big core on a stock motor it's probably not going to be much difference from the standard.