PDA

View Full Version : 400ex stock rebuild performance?

1fst400
04-01-2007, 07:38 PM
My quad is set up with a stock rear shock relaved and sprung for A zps set up with a 200lb rider.

I weigh 175.

Issue is that It doesent take much to shoot me up over the bars. I just barley cased a small double and I ended up skuffing my chin up on what I think was the bumper or somthing. Woops, forget it.
Feels to me like it bottoms out way fast then rebounds fast.

I have the rear set at 7 1/2" groung cleerancewith me on it. I have mesed with compression and rebound ajustments and nothing seems to help.

I noticed it alot when I got my LT front suspention put on.
Prety much im asking if I need to get an aftermarket shock, or my shock is just worn out or somthing. I see some other ppl run stock rebuild rear shocks without issues.
I'm broke, no money, cant just have the shock sent out to have noting wrong with it.

ZSK
04-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I would deffinately get it rebuilt. It'll probably need a new rear spring and possibly different valving. Just be sure to include all of your specs to the rebuilder. The front suspension, which motor you're running etc.

I'd reccomend Smith Suspension. He has always treated me well. smithsuspension.com

bradley300
04-02-2007, 09:48 AM
has it always been like that? if it used to be good, it probably just needs serviced