PDA

View Full Version : Poor Polaris Service

walleyefarm1
04-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Well i have owned a outlaw 525 about a month and last sunday the front right wheel bearing went out. Ruined the hub, pads, caliper. and guess what there could not get a new caliper soo made the old one due had half the breaks. Go racing this sunday and part way through the front left bearing goes out rubs a hole in the caliper before i noticed it.. The kicker is no new calipers until sometime in April. Why would a company release a quad and not have any parts for it. Oh by the way i have about 10 hours on it. ok 2 bearings already, what kind of testing do they do.

Outlaw 50
04-02-2007, 04:08 AM
Same problem cost Stephanie the GNCC race in Florida this season.

MentalState
04-02-2007, 07:39 AM
that sucks good to know though...Glad I canged out my hubs and bearings ...I do have a couple extra hubs with bearings if you need one...Shoot me a PM if you want them....?

walleyefarm1
04-02-2007, 07:55 PM
hey i might be interested , what did you switch to and where did you get the new hubs and bearings, really need calipers before sunday. thanks

MentalState
04-02-2007, 09:47 PM
They are pure polaris billet hubs..I got them off e-bay..I cant find them or I would post link...I got them a year or so ago..I imagine you can get them from Polaris direct? Not saying they are any better..But they sure look good...

here is a pic of them...http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/8287/hubs.jpg

tldPREDATORboy
04-03-2007, 07:34 PM
not an outlaw but i had the teath on my shifter grind of and i ordered a new one from the dealer 2 fridays a go lets just say im still waiting for it 2 weeks later.

TYLER329
04-12-2007, 06:59 AM
John Gallagher Sr. makes his own hubs out of billet aluminum and they are 350.00 a pair plus shipping. Call 440-543-2951 if you want to order them. They will fit on the 525.

OUTLAW525YUP
04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I polaris's defence it happens more than you think. I am a tech at a GM dealer and it seems everytime a new style of vehicle comes out ans there is a warranty issue it takes upto 4 weeks to get a part because they have not yet produced repair parts because all the parts are going into the producion lines, and they have to pull a part off the assembly line and then ship it to us. Just another thing, some times the part is not availabe and has to be replaced with an assembly. try working with your dealer to see if they can get it some how. I know it sucks:grr:

GE4x4
04-12-2007, 10:55 AM
What's really strange, the front hubs are the same on the 500 Outlaw and Pred, yet they have had no issues.:eek2:

TYLER329
04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Actually the hubs are different. Polaris knows that there is a problem.

GE4x4
04-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Well according to the parts diagram, the 06 Outlaw 500 and all the 07 Outlaws and Preds have the same hubs. Have not heard of any 06 Outlaw hubs going. And the bearings are the same in mutiple years.

MentalState
04-12-2007, 01:02 PM
have to agree with GE bearings and hubs are exact same as my 500 outlaw was..

Big Chuck
04-13-2007, 05:27 AM
If you are using your stock hubs, stay away from the bearings that are stock. When I was racing my Predator for three years, I took new stock bearings to a bearing house and found out from them that the bearings that come on it are made in China and are junk. They cross referenced the bearing size to quality Timken bearings and I never had any problems after that. Also, I had a racer friend show me that if before you press the new bearings in the hubs, take a tiny screw driver and GENTLY pick the plastic retaining covers off the new bearings and completly fill the bearing housing with a high quality, high temp, synthetic water proof grease and your bearing life will double. The plastic covers will snap right back in place. Hope this helps...

ScramblerXLE
05-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Sorry to res this post, but my front right just went out as well... spindle's back-ordered until August! after 12 years... Polaris is starting to wear my patience thin... Where can i buy these hubs? and does anyone know of after market spindles? thanks...