PDA

View Full Version : my blaster is dieing out in higher rpms

theblasterkid
04-01-2007, 09:10 AM
i have a 2004 blaster with procircuit pipe n silencer, k&n jet kit, boysen reeds, k&n filter, new wiseco piston/rings, fresh gaskets, and a reed spacer(thats just the engines parts i added) i started it up one day and it idled fine even when i reved it up, but as soon as i put it in gear n started to go it would die out rite away in 1st n 2nd gear, i couldnt get it fast enought to put it in 3rd. i thought it was sumthin with the carb so i re jetted it and adjusted the air/fuel ratio screw, and stayed the same, so i thought it might have been the piston or the rings so i put a new std bore piston in, still died out in gear, then i noticed that there was nothin coming out of the exhaust, the packin collapsed in the head pipe so i cut it in half and took all the packing out n welded it back together, still died out, so just in case i checked the silencer n it wads fine, then i tried mixing the oil and gas cus it could be the fuel injector, but still died out, now im thinkin it could be the coil or CDI or wiring harness, im running out of money trying to fix this quad so i can sell it, if u think u kno what could be the problem and u have a way to fix it, please let me kno and mabye how much it could cost to do, thanks i really appreciate the help

kfxwizzard400
04-01-2007, 04:23 PM
NEVER cut a 2 stroke pipe... unless you want substantial hp loss. Well that goes for any exhaust but im pretty clueless with your problem. maybe check all your fuel lines make sure nothing is blocking them. Also check to make sure your floats in the carb arent messed up.. you might even want to buy a carb rebuild kit just to be on the safe side. hope thjat gives you something to mess with

ZSNOW
04-01-2007, 04:35 PM
take the carb apart and blow some air through the jets and spray down the inside of the float bowl and floats with carb cleaner... and it'll run fine...my built blaster with a 250r carb did this....today accually i just messed with what i just told u to do...rips now....