PDA

View Full Version : 07 Drx2 50

450R22
03-31-2007, 11:30 PM
I just picked up a new 50 and had some questions, hoping someone can help.
1) Iam running Amsoil synthetic injector oil and it seems to smoke alot-is this normal for the injected bikes?(i am used to premix)

2) anyone know if there are different front sprockets for these?
I am looking to kill some of the top end, without having to use the throttle stop.

3) this motor signs off at full throttle - does it need a bigger main jet, or is it a rev limiter- cdi box?

any help would be great!

Nichols Atvs
04-01-2007, 07:52 AM
If you mixed the gas with oil also it tends to smoke more in the begining until you stop mixing the three oz in the tank. and you should probly rejet the carb and check plug for the nice tan color There is a couple front sprockets you can get, back also . There is a clip on the cdi box take it off it will go better or get an un limited rev cdi box. You can also disconect pump and plug the line to the carb and premix .

bulldogfallon
04-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Loosen the 2 screws on the CDI box and remove the clip and this will give you a lot more RPMs to use.,...an unlimited rev box will give you a little more

DRR has stock 18T sprockets available

I have 1 in my garage unopened..

You could change to the 16" Carlisle Snow Hogs tires on rears (w/aluminum rims 4x110 bolt pattern, 2-4 offset) and that will reduce weight and give you more bottom end (this would be my choice for overall performance and the bottom end you are looking for)

The bikes also come with a heavy duty break in oil in the injector tank, but until the rings seat it will smoke a little

Also---Remove the air box mud cover----The airfilter is made up of 2 cages and an almost solid black plastic outer cover....That will wake your quad up

450R22
04-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the replies!!!
Where is a good place to order sprockets and new cdi box?
I have seen several people mention the clip, what clip?
There seems to be 3-4 wire connectors, and 1 plastic connector-
is this what you are reverring to?
Also, i would rather plug off the injector, but then what is a safe premix ratio? So far this quad seems to be very impresssive in stock trim, other than the tether at the rear-how is anyone supposed to run 30mph.

bulldogfallon
04-01-2007, 08:49 PM
If you remove the CDI box do you see 2 phillip head screws on one side?

If you do then unscrew them and remove the metal clip.

If you don't then you should try to get the unlimted rev from the dealer you bought it from.

32:1 ratio is what we run

Unplug the rear tether and plug those connectors together to complete the circuit.

Get a handle bar mounted tether (Pro Armor)...Super easy to hook up....1 wire goes to the coil and the other to the frame and bam you have a working handle bar mounted tether.

Dealer can help with sprocket from DRR as well....but the tire/wheel swap will be alot more effective....a lot less weight and a much much better tire.

You can also get the updated carbs that are now on the 07's...21mm OKO with performance intake manifold.

If you plan to race MX then check with the local rules as each change can be critical to their acceptance of your child's quad.

good luck

PM me if you need more help

QuadJunkies
04-01-2007, 09:11 PM
We have a Pro Armor for our 90, it would not work or shoudl I say we coouldnt get it to work .
We had to go back to the stock one,which we dont care too much for.
We even had a freind of ours whos an electrician check it all out and he was abit puzzled by it also??I cant rtemember what was the problem .
If you can give us some info on install- that would be great!

bulldogfallon
04-01-2007, 09:41 PM
For our Pro Armor we ran 1 wire to the frame for a ground and the other wire to the one post of the coil and we were done...

It was much easier than I had predicted....worked for us no problem

PM or call me if you need more help with this

Nichols Atvs
04-01-2007, 09:45 PM
One end of the kill tether wires goes to orange wire on your coil the other goes to ground pretty simple set up.

QuadJunkies
04-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Well this sounds just too easy.. lol

Ill copy this for the ole man and see what he says.

We have all Pro Armors on all our quads, I just know we had troubles with this one for some reason.

riding4fun
04-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Does anybody know what the stock jetting is for the 2007 DRX2 50.

I changed the jet in the 90 and it made a big difference. So I think the same will happen on the 50.

Darrell

bulldogfallon
04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
It should be a 103 MJ....

I run a 100 with the stock air filter in place in FL

riding4fun
04-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
It should be a 103 MJ....

I run a 100 with the stock air filter in place in FL

Thanks Bulldog

drr5
04-19-2007, 12:32 PM
how can you tell if an 06 50 has an unlimted cdi?

riding4fun
04-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by drr5
how can you tell if an 06 50 has an unlimted cdi?

I'm not sure, but my stock 2007 CDI is approx 4 inches long and the unliminted CDI is approx 2 1/2 inches long. That was the difference in the 2007 model that they sent me.

drr5
04-19-2007, 01:01 PM
mine looks just like the one in my kasea, just curious.

Nichols Atvs
04-19-2007, 01:16 PM
the stock one has a clip on it , Unlimited has no clips and is about half the size.