PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck

JRP
03-31-2007, 07:32 PM
well yesterday me, my dad, and my mom drove 4hrs to lake sugar tree. we ended up stayin in lynchburg then gettin up this morning and driving an hour or so to the track. well we get there and we start practice. everything is going good after 1st practice. now last time i went to this track, my killswitch randomly decided not to work, and some other things went wrong, so off the back i had bad luck there. so we go to 2nd practice, and i hit everything other than the big table near the finish line. im comming toward the last whoop section, and im skimmin the tops of them, and when i come off them, my quad was pulling to the right. i got off and looked down and my damn tie rod was bent like a biatch. no clue why, but i guess i hit the section so hard, it jus bent like melted butter. now these are walsh extended tie rods, so NO ONE has them at the track. i asked everyone, even the guys that had the walsh aarms, and no one had one. it was so far bent that when we were going to bend it back, it got so weak that i could bend it with my knee. so we packed up and drove back home 4hrs...:o all of that for 20min of practice, lol. So we learned a lesson... ALWAYS CARRY SPARE PARTS!!!! So now guess who has 4 walsh tie rods on order?:p

ex kid
03-31-2007, 07:36 PM
are Walsh tierods made of stainless steel?

Sjorge450R
03-31-2007, 07:47 PM
I bring two tie rods to every race...lol. Then agian i do XC. If I hit something within 45, it only takes me 5 min to get it on and eye ball it to the other tire. That does suck tho.

JRP
03-31-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
are Walsh tierods made of stainless steel?

lol dunno. im not to sure what happened. i have a whoop section here at my house, and it never happened. but then again, my whoop section isnt nearly as big and nice as the ones at the track.

sjorge: yea i know what you mean, we will have many with us for now on.

rmz250
03-31-2007, 09:43 PM
could be worse, ya could've seized up your bike like me!

Gray33
03-31-2007, 10:24 PM
how are the welshes tie rods i have the stock and think about getting them before i start racing. I am a rookie and thinking about getting into racing so how much are the welshes tie rods?

Sjorge450R
04-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Gray33
how are the welshes tie rods i have the stock and think about getting them before i start racing. I am a rookie and thinking about getting into racing so how much are the welshes tie rods?
they are pretty pricy, at least compared to the $9 stock ones...lol

JRP
04-01-2007, 08:04 AM

yea im not to sure how much they cost. They came with the aarms when i bought them. im getting mine from cernics, so they should be alot cheaper then if i get them from walsh

MX MaNiAc 06
04-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Thats too bad. But u learn from ur mistakes. At least it wont happen again.

AtvMxRider
04-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Thats racing;)

JRP
04-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Thats racing;)

yup, deffinately! you going to south fork on the 14th? i really want to go to GA for the national..:cool:

AtvMxRider
04-01-2007, 06:14 PM
yeah we will be there.

ex kid
04-01-2007, 06:40 PM
I would imagine that Walsh tierods are stainless.

did anything else bend? like the flag on the bottom of the stem? I use stainless tierods and have had the stem flag bend before the tierod will bend or even break. it just sounds strange to me.

stock Honda 450R tierods are junk. if your racing, stainless tierods should be one of the first things you look into.

JRP
04-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by ex kid
I would imagine that Walsh tierods are stainless.

did anything else bend? like the flag on the bottom of the stem? I use stainless tierods and have had the stem flag bend before the tierod will bend or even break. it just sounds strange to me.

stock Honda 450R tierods are junk. if your racing, stainless tierods should be one of the first things you look into.

i bent my stock ones a long time ago, jus riding at my track them bent

Scro
04-03-2007, 07:47 PM

How are those stock tie rods performing on your +2 front end?:devious:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=291940