PDA

View Full Version : dual-braided front brakelines

Pro1200
03-31-2007, 07:28 PM
I can't bleed my brand new LSR dual-braided front brake lines. Ive tried squeezing lever for ever and loosing the bleed valve at the bottom it only bubbles here and there but no pressure ever builds up. Also I've tried the syringe with tube and that has no effect either. I'm taking it to a local dealer unless I can figure out how to do this. I'm sure you guys know how to do this. Can someone help me??? I have searched and nothing.

Thanks,

David

deathman53
03-31-2007, 07:57 PM
I did mine this way, bleed each line seperate, connect both to the master cyllinder, then do bleed the little of air that entered the line when they were disconnected.

Pro1200
03-31-2007, 11:39 PM
So your saying to connect them both at the top m/c and then bleed each by disconnecting the actual brake line or by loosing the bleeder on one side and tight on the other side?

Or just entirely bleed each line separately then quickly connect them to the m/c?

deathman53
04-01-2007, 06:19 PM
remove them, put one on, bleed it, then connect the other, bleed it, and connect both and there will some bleeding left to do, but not much.

matt250r21
04-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I use a brake vac to get them bleed. You can find it at an auto parts store for like $20-$30. It is a hand held pump that sucks the brake fluid thru the system. Works real good and fast.

Pro1200
04-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I haven't had a chance to go to local car store...but i tried each line and still nothing...it will bubble every time then stop but no pressure ever happens..??

86 Quad R
04-03-2007, 03:57 PM
go to walmart and get one of those clear $1.00 squeze bottles. the kind like you'd see at a dinner. fill it with brake fluid, stick one end of a clear rubber hose on the nipple and the other on the brake bleeder. loosen the banjo bolt at the master cylinder and then loosen the bleeder. turn the bottle up side down and squeeze the bottle until fluid seeps from the banjo's and tighten the bleeder. repeat this process on the other brake cylinder. afterwards you simply bleed the brakes at the banjo and your done. :D

Pro1200
04-03-2007, 04:21 PM
so basically itreverse and your feeding all the fluid up hte brakeline using the squeeze bottle..I'm going to try it. But there sooner or later there should be pressure on the lever right??

How come every time I try pumping the lever and connecting a tube to the bleeder at bottom and connecting to a syringe all i get is bubbles and bubbles then they stop. Then no pressure ever happens. Even if i bleed one line at a time...totally separately? why is this??

SWIGIN
04-03-2007, 04:32 PM
a bad master cly maybe

Pro1200
04-03-2007, 05:48 PM
it shouldnt be that because my friend had it working on his R before he gave it to me.

chillinsk8err
04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
it took me almost an hour or more to bleed mine out of no where they started to work.

daman02
04-04-2007, 09:24 PM
as long as you get bubbles coming out of the master cylinder your doing some good so just keep pumping. You can even open one bleeder screw at a time then pump the lever 9 or 10 times and hold it in then shut the bleeder off. It will take some doing but if you see bubbles your getting somewhere.

86 Quad R
04-05-2007, 07:03 AM
try my suggested method. you'll ask youself why ya havent tried it before now. :devil: