PDA

View Full Version : need 250R XC advice

brandonpeake
03-31-2007, 03:32 PM
im looking at buying an 89 R to do some XC racing on ive setup 450r's ex's and others but never a 250r is the no link swingarm for mx racing? are you guys running the LT front ends for Xc now or did you stay with the standard travel? everyone i knew running 250r's had standard travel front but then Lt wasnt as popular as now, so if you guys could post what you run or did run it would be helpful
Thanks

my88r
03-31-2007, 07:11 PM
laegers xc width with works shocks

Creech52
04-02-2007, 09:49 AM
This probably doesnt help much but Ill be running Houser +1+1 long travels on mine. Also with the no link, its pretty much a toss up. Most people say the no link is better then stock but if your going for some big air then the CR500 seems to be better. I think a no link would be a good idea for XC because you wont have linkage hanging down.

Scott-300ex
04-04-2007, 02:39 PM
I race xc and go threw some nasty trails at where I ride, like, Hills you couldn't believe, rocks EVERYWHERE, creeks, trees, everything. Stock has always worked good for me, I got works but thats just for a little more comfort. Don't go wider on the axle or the a-arms or you won't fit. You can get different types of linkages. Hell I wasnt even running a swinger skid.

Stay stock and get 6-ply tires, I learned the hard way gettin a flat an hour into the race, thankfully some guys had a pit that had 2 of thier "pros" racin so they threw 5 plugs in and gave me air. Boy did they save my @ss. Get 6-plys!