PDA

View Full Version : Z suspension set up, lowering

greatwhite07
03-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Just got my new Z. I'm comin off a stock 250r, and right away I think I need to lower my Z. What are some good lowering kits? Also, what should my suspension setup be? I wiegh 250, trail ride only, never do any real jumping or mxing. I like to drift, donuts, play around etc. Ride comfort and stability are my main concerns. I'll take it on a real ride in a few days and maybe I'll find that it is fine how it is. The Z is as wide as my R but sits alot higher. That's why I think I'll just need to lower it. One more thing, the specs for the Z seat height says 31.9. Where do they measure this? My seat height is just over 33 at the lowest point. Thanks

kfxwizzard400
03-31-2007, 09:17 PM
my suggestion to you is to just get some offest rims and a good set of tires.. for trails i like the razr2's but thats just my oppinion. I have heard many storys about them lowering kits and i dont think htere a good idea unless your just strickly flat tracking . just try getting some rear tires it should make it handle alot better and if that doesnt work go for the lowering kit i guess. just my .02 cents