PDA

View Full Version : Legit site?

Iliketogofast
03-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Can someone look this site over and tell me if it's legit? I'm afraid it's some kind of trick. I know L.A. Sleeve is a real company but I'm worried that there is some type of scam going on and the scammer is taking advantage of L.A. Sleeve's name.

The reason is I'm asking is because I'm buying the cylinder on the page. I have to find a big bore cylinder for under 1k, so if anyone has any other suggestions fire away.

Thanks!

Edit... http://www.lasleeve.cc/index.cfm?event=product.display&product_ID=1547

That may help.

Gray33
03-31-2007, 09:26 AM
looks ok to me man but i would have alot more people check it out

rebelbanshee
03-31-2007, 11:08 AM
if you want to be sure call them (LA sleeve)

fiveOnick
03-31-2007, 01:40 PM
I think you would be better off going this way since its the exact same cylinder.

http://www.esr250.com/cylinder_kits.htm#esrbolton

wilkin250r
03-31-2007, 04:09 PM
That's about the right price, just under $1000

The reason many other aftermarket cylinders are more expensive is the porting. You can figure porting to run several hundred dollars.

You might want to consider that, however. If you are running a standard cylinder against somebody else running a ported cylinder the same size, you're going to be sucking his exhaust.

Iliketogofast
03-31-2007, 11:07 PM
I did go ahead and get that ESR 310 match port cylinder, along with an Airstryker. I got the carb because I thought mine was the reason the engine popped.

Anyways about the ported/non ported stuff, I didn't get it fully ported because I don't want to buy another exhaust yet. The first time I have to rebuild it I plan on getting a pipe and having it ported to it.

Edit: Btw, anyone know where I can get the head stay? I lost mine when I took the bike apart. Do I even need it...?

wilkin250r
04-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Lots of people run without the headstay.

86 Quad R
04-02-2007, 08:21 AM
as long as you are using all other engine mounts that are avail. you'll be ok not using the top. most guys i know that are running higher hp's and are either mx-ing or dragging. arent using the headstay. it puts unwanted twisting on the cylinder. :huh

fiveOnick
04-02-2007, 11:41 AM
I would recommend not running a head stay, I have never ran one. Actually I have seen a couple of bigger Pro-X's crack when running a head stay.

wilkin250r
04-02-2007, 03:02 PM
There are different theories on the headstays.

I've heard of many MX and GNCC riders cracking frames without the headstay. Having the headstay helps keep the frame rigid, and improves the strength. Some even say they had repeated problems of cracked frames, but those problems dissapeared when they put the headstay in place. I have to believe it was designed in there for a reason.

But all that extra stress goes somewhere, right? That's the other theory. If the motor helps hold the frame rigid and reduce stress, then the motor itself MUST be absorbing that stress. It stresses the head and bolts. If your motor is pushing high compression or really built, that extra stress might be enough to blow headgaskets or cause other problems.

It seems that for those people whose frame strength is really important (MX), they run the headstay. For those who have a lot less stress on their frame and more interest in their motor (Drag and TT), they run without a headstay.

But if you're riding recreationally, you'll be just fine either way.

TheFontMaster
04-02-2007, 03:56 PM
What I did was run the head stay, bolted it to the frame, but not to the motor. That way it helps strengthen the frame, but doesn't put the stress as much on the motor. Another thing I gues you could do is just take a head stay, and cut the motor mounts off of it.

fiveOnick
04-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah just cause you dont run the headstay doesnt mean not running the brace. I have the brace bolted in and the tabs for the head ground off.