PDA

View Full Version : 525, pondering on it, need some info

mickey400ex
03-30-2007, 09:50 PM
well long story short, i like having something that no one around here has, and now they are a crap load of banshees around here, im thinking about buying the 525, i ride mainly trails and my banshee is just too much to hold on to now,

so how does that irs work in tough trails, mud, ruts, etc?
has anyone had any problems with theres yet?
what was your otd price?
how would the power compare to other quads because i can outrun any quad i encounter around here?

smokinwrench
03-31-2007, 06:50 AM
If you think your banshee is to much to hold onto your gonna love this beast. I'm sure stock it will blow your modded shee away in trails and drag race I'll bet.

No problems with mine yet. Works perfect in trails it rides so smooth it is unreal. I never sore sore after a ride anymore.

As for price i traded in my 05 TLD and paid $3,000 difference.

So far I have drag raced banshee with T-5's and filter normal mods. He had no chance. Out ran a 700 raptor in every drag race. Out ran piped, filtered, NC carb modded predator.

I don't think I'll ever go back to a straight axle quad.

somewon
03-31-2007, 10:55 AM
mine rides like a dream, and the biggest diffrence you will notice in the power is that there is not power hit, it is just smooth and fast. I personally think the banshee is a poor trail quad, so I think if you got a 525 you would be doing a lot of waiting for your friends with shee's.

mickey400ex
03-31-2007, 02:14 PM
i highly doubt it can take my shee in a straight line, but ever since i had it dune ported it really is tough to tame in the mountains now, and the outlaw is growing on me, so did anyone get one otd for less than 7k?

eerhard09
03-31-2007, 08:24 PM
I think the only one's to get otd for $7K or a little less were those who's states do not have state tax.... If you buy in one of those states and register in your own, you will pay the tax then....kinda sucks!

somewon
04-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I've noticed that a lot of people focus on the strait line performace of quads, but how often are you really drag racing them? I've had to wait for every banshee I've ever rode with and every one of them responded with how fast their bike was in a strait line. Now I'm not saying all banshee riders are slow in the trails and I haven't ridden with everyone who ever owned a 'shee but that has just been my experience. I'm not trying to start an argument.

BTW chadwick MO is my favorite riding spot and it is hell on any machine that doesn't have a lot of low end grunt.

natemxz600
04-04-2007, 09:50 PM
picked mine up for $6800 but after the 4 year warranty and tax title and stuff it came to bout 8000. worth every penny

bwamos
04-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by somewon
BTW chadwick MO is my favorite riding spot and it is hell on any machine that doesn't have a lot of low end grunt.

An Outlaw would be awsome at Chadwick. One of my favorite riding spots as well. Unfortunatly I only go there about once a year. :(

somewon
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
I think chadwick is the nicest park in the state. marked, serviced trails no quad swallowing mud holes, big elevation changes, and some very technical riding.

OUTLAW525YUP
04-18-2007, 10:17 AM
buy it but it buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. just picked mine up yesterday and took it out for a 1 hour rip and man does this thing haul. even though I am still babying it (break in) i just cant believe the power that is on tap. the only thing I kinda noticed is that it could use one more gear cuz as you get going I found myself clutching in 5th to find another gear. also I am working on a set of diamond plate aluminum heel guards for it. should have some pics as soon as I can. SERIOUSLY BUY IT!!!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!!