PDA

View Full Version : who ever gots a cdale are they real nice??

rookiex
10-08-2002, 11:51 AM
I need to know, I am going down to the quadshop and buyin a moto slappin on lobo 2 suspension and lobo in rear with a carbon fiber hood.....If I hook it up with that you think it would be sweet?? how is the power on them I rode one before and it was stock I really liked it alot of pros say its the only quad they have liked scence the R....somone tell me who owns one what they think?? and what I should get for it....

Pappy
10-08-2002, 12:01 PM
they are sweet...but if you are droppin that kinda money...get the cannibal and update the suspension and mapping. you will have a one of a kind and still be better then the moto...2 cents.

rookiex
10-08-2002, 12:10 PM
Thats what a dude on the open forum told me so thats the way to go....he told me the exact same thing.....

Pappy
10-08-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
Thats what a dude on the open forum told me so thats the way to go....he told me the exact same thing.....

haha...i geuss thats cool...lol

i would buy everything from the quadshop...you may score better pricing if you have CASH and get all the parts from them.

rookiex
10-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Yep thats were I am going,,,, I live in lower ohio so its not to far.....jeff seems like a cool dude and I am gonna buy all my stuff from there....I'll bring the money sack cuz I am sure its gonna be one of them days

Pappy
10-08-2002, 12:23 PM
hehe.....i had to get rico to spot me gas money for teh trip home;)

rookiex
10-08-2002, 12:26 PM
yep!! I am gonna have to bring the truck and trailer the truck for the dale and the trailer for the parts....:devil ....Ill be going down the high way people will be like :huh what the??

10-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Rookie, I would really suggest you save a little money, and ride the Moto for a while with the stuff that comes on it. The Ohlins shocks are very good, and the geometry of everything is set up real well. It handles very good, and the stuff that comes on the Moto is as good as anything aftermarket. I have a friend who just qualified for nationals (Jesse Barnes), and he likes the set-up on his Moto better than the Lobo II on his other race bike. Also, putting good shocks and a-arms on the Cannibal will not make it as good of a race bike as the Moto already is. Save your money. You may be able to use it some day.....:)

James70214
10-09-2002, 05:56 PM
Justfine

I am gonna have to totaly disagree with you on saying that a cannibal with a lobo set up is not as good as a moto. The cannibal with the moto mapping(which is free or VERY cheap from your dealer) and lobo set up or walsh setup would walk all over the moto cannondale.

MotoRacer
10-09-2002, 06:53 PM
I own a cannondale Moto 440, and right now it is basically stock the way I got it. I took it the track this weekend, and flipped it twice in the corners. Partly because it was wet, and partly because a +3 front would have been nicer. I love the moto the way it is though. It is one heck on a fast bike. I am probably going to put lobo II front, or walsh front with PEP shocks to make it sit lower. The Axis shocks don't let it sit as low as PEP. ---But cannondale is DEF the way to go.

Moto

10-09-2002, 06:53 PM
James, I am gonna have to disagree with you. I rode a Cannibal with a Lobo II front end, and about every other trick thing in the world on it, and I liked my Moto better. I think anybody who knows anything would agree with me on this next point. THE CANNIBAL WITH MOTO MAPPING AND A LOBO FRONT END WOULD NOT BE AS GOOD AS A MOTO. You are overlooking many many things. Like a steering dampener, tag bars, galfer brakes, better bar clamp, better pipe, and on and on and on.......ect. I have rode many race bikes, and I have not found anything I like better than the Moto or I would own it.

10-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Dude, Sorry to hear you flipped your bike. Cannondale sends that bike out set up for the average rider. It can be lowered and widened. The front and rear can be made into a good 50 inches.

rookiex
10-09-2002, 07:22 PM
I need it for mx only tho.....I am racing nationals too this season I was top ten in ohio pro class and the ama sent this thing in the mail statin I was now allowed to ride gncc nationals due to the points I made in one season which is cool.....but what do I need to make a dale clear the widomaker at kenworthys I can do it on the ex as of now.....

mrusk
10-09-2002, 08:49 PM
I would never buy a moto. And i am not bashing Cannondale. I love all the cannodales. If i was to buy one i would buy a cannible. I would buy carbo fiber rims and holeshots 800, herrmann LT aarms 700, pep shocks 1800, tag bars 60, ac nerfs 170, steel lines 120, axle 350 and a sterring stablizer whatever that cost. So thats about 4k in parts. Thats less than a moto. There is no way u could say a moto is better than that.

MotoRacer why did you buy a moto in the first place if u plan on buying a new front end for it? That defeats the proupose of buying a moto.

matt

James70214
10-10-2002, 02:19 PM
justfine
I guess the cannible with just a front end would not be as good as the moto , but I was comparing my bike(whjich was cheaper than the moto) to the moto. I have walsh a arms swing arm steering stem, bar mount, tag bars PEP ZPS shocks, carbon fiber beadlocks ,steering dampner, full hmf pipe,moto mapping, RPM dominator 2 axle and antifade locknut, stainless steel lines wave rotors.. This will totaly out handle the moto in all aspects. Just ask anyone. As far as liking the moto better than other race bikes, that is really strange. My favorite is the walsh 450f. It is sooooo much better than the moto.

Motoracer
What track did you go to??

Guy400
10-10-2002, 04:14 PM
Doesn't the Cannibal already come with the Galfer stainless steel brake lines? I know my LE does and the black/silver '03 that was in the showroom had them as well. The Moto does come with the "wav-loc" brake rotors but are the calipers any different?

Pappy
10-10-2002, 04:30 PM
guy...mine has the galfer lines.....but i dont know about the caliper differences:confused:

10-10-2002, 04:47 PM
First of all, everything we are debating is opinion. I have never rode a crf450 powered built quad, but I have rode a built 426, and it was like the Whopper. It had everything on it, and yes it had a Lobo II front end and Axis long travel shocks, and I liked my "Moto" better. I know the Walsh setup comes set up nice, but tell me this. What on the "Moto" is not a top of the line product? Everything on the "Moto" is good top of the line stuff. The "Moto" is top shelf. I don't think anybody with any sense would argue that. I like it for my own reasons, and you may like yours for certain reasons, but I will tell you the difference between the podium and going home empty handed would be the rider......love peace and hair grease. I am out....:blah

MotoRacer
10-10-2002, 05:58 PM
I was at jack frost in NJ. How can I lower the moto?

James70214
10-10-2002, 06:18 PM
Justfine
I'm not trying to get in a bickering war, but if the moto has top of the line parts why do people want to replace those parts? Why does team nac's cannondale replace parts on their moto's if they are top of the line? Probably because they are not top of the line.
Most people will agree that the shocks the moto comes with are not top of the line. They are not zero preload like they say. The moto is a nice bike if you don't have the time or skill to build a bike.While the moto is the best production quad out It is not the best value for your money. Again it is just our opinions here, but I like debating with people to see where they are comming from.

Motoracer
Are you talking about Jack Frost in PA or is there another one?

Bean
10-10-2002, 09:07 PM
i am agreeing wit james here, the moto isnt perfect stock, NOTHING is , but the moto comes really close

10-11-2002, 02:43 AM
First of all, I have a really good tip. Find two 1/8th inch spacers, and put one on each side of the axle in the back, and it will be a true fifty inches. The front end can be lowered and widened by adjusting the shocks and a-arms. By the way, the Moto can jump anything if the rider can. What do they sell for the Moto besides a seat latch and a radiator screen? Oh, ok they are liars about the ZPS.....:confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

cdalejef
10-11-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by GuyLT250R
Doesn't the Cannibal already come with the Galfer stainless steel brake lines? I know my LE does and the black/silver '03 that was in the showroom had them as well. The Moto does come with the "wav-loc" brake rotors but are the calipers any different? The Cannibal has Galfer stainles on the front but rubber on the rear. the Blaze/Moto has Galfer stainless line on the rear. The calipers are the same. The Blaze also comes with the wave rotors.

MotoRacer
10-11-2002, 02:11 PM
Oh my bad..Jack frost in PA...ill be going again soon...James, were you on my paintball team? You have a Canney now?

Moto

James70214
10-11-2002, 05:48 PM
Yeah I played on your team. Yup I got the cannondale now. We should go riding soon. Let me know and we will meet up.

James

MotoRacer
10-12-2002, 04:56 AM
alright cool...I have a moto 440 now...Want to meet up at Jack frost soon? Im going to be going back in the next few weekends..not exactly sure what day though..let me know what is good for you.

Moto

James70214
10-12-2002, 07:31 AM
There are a bunch of us going up next sunday. It will be a lot of fun. They alll have 450's and 426's. There will be a lot of quads there.

MotoRacer
10-12-2002, 09:28 AM
how old are they? If they are your age, people up by you must have alotta loot riden 450f's, and 426f's...thats hott! I have a piano competition that day, so I prolly can't make it.. I might go up that saturday though..we will meet up one of these days..what district are you racing next season..im doin district 34.

Moto

James70214
10-12-2002, 11:17 AM
Most of the guys are between 23 and 28. I raced all last season in dist 34 and a few in dist 6. Next yeaR i will do DIST 34 again and all the nationals.

mrusk
10-12-2002, 01:29 PM
Even the XC natioanls? :huh

matt

lil400exman
10-17-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by rookiex
I need to know, I am going down to the quadshop and buyin a good slappin on lobo 2 and lobo in rear with a carbon fiber whip.....If I hook it up with that you think it would be sweet?? how is the power on carbon fiber whips? I rode one before and it was stock I really liked it alot of pros say its the only whip and paddle they have liked scence the R....somone tell me who owns one what they think?? and what I should get for it....a whip a lobo2 paddle?

sicko!