PDA

View Full Version : axle, bearing carrier?? whats best?

doozer
03-30-2007, 02:41 PM
i have an 04 450r, i just had the frame and rims powdercoated and added renthal sprockets and chain. anyway about half an hour into riding it after i put it back together the bearings in the bearing carrier for my axle broke. when the broke they also broke the carrier. i realized i had a bad seal on the disk brake side of my swingarm afterward and it was probably letting sand and dirt in which led to my bearing failure. my question is what kind of carrier and bearings and axle should i go with. i cant get the carrier off the axle so i might just buy all new. ive been looking into RAD axles but havent heard much about them. any pros or cons on any name brands would be appreciated. sorry for the long post.

440exnacsracer
03-31-2007, 08:13 AM
ive had great luck with the RAD stuff, plus its all trick CNC billet. i am pretty sure their twin row carriers come with a lifetime warranty as well. their customer service is A+ as well

JW450R1
04-01-2007, 06:25 AM
I have had very good luck with RPM carriers.East coast atv sells them.

doozer
04-01-2007, 02:40 PM
thanks guys. its probably what ill go with. i just noticed that it said something about 1 year garuntee but i didnt read very far into it. anyway, thanks for the info. :)

kfxwizzard400
04-01-2007, 04:25 PM
my lonestar carrier is holding up well. Iv had it for around 2 years and the bearings are still as tight as when it was new. Just make sure you grease it up every couple months or so no matter what carrier you end up getting.

Colby@C&DRacing
04-02-2007, 10:57 AM
for the money the RAD carrier is hard to beat I have a tappered one in my 04 450r

exciting01
04-20-2007, 06:35 PM
my durablue axel is holding up very well and its adjustable 2+ or 4+ inches and my team industries brearing carrier is good too they use tapered bearings sot hes a good thing.