PDA

View Full Version : Pistons

FireFighterI
03-30-2007, 02:17 PM
What do you guys think the best higher comp piston out there is? I want something I can run 50/50 gas in... There is so many out there I am at a loss... HH.. CP...Sparks...wesco or what ever that one is... I need help please

pro-rider46
03-30-2007, 07:37 PM
try a wiseco 13:1

i think you can run 50/50 but i am not sure i dont have one:(

dober250R
03-30-2007, 08:04 PM
venom black widow or baldwin are my 2 faves

400exrider707
04-01-2007, 05:14 PM
I would run 13:1 compression and as far as brands go I think you will be hard pressed to find a bad one...I run a JE, and I have run a wiseco, no problems with either.

FireFighterI
04-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks for all your imput guys... on a 13:1 ratio you have to run atleast 50/50 fuel right?

hendershot106
04-02-2007, 09:53 AM
- i have the je 13.5 to 1-- (i was told i have to run high octane race fuel)----as far as reliability????- only about 10 hrs on motor-

chad502ex
04-02-2007, 10:23 AM
I use and sell JE pistons exclusively,... all of them make serious power and are extremely reliable...

FireFighterI
04-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
I use and sell JE pistons exclusively,... all of them make serious power and are extremely reliable...

Do you have a website where I can check them out more and maybe order one? Do they work good with Hotcams? I am thinking about a stage one cause I do still ride a few trails... although the dunes is my favorite place to be

chad502ex
04-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by FireFighterI
Do you have a website where I can check them out more and maybe order one? Do they work good with Hotcams? I am thinking about a stage one cause I do still ride a few trails... although the dunes is my favorite place to be

I usually do not sell over-the-counter, but if you want a piston and want to install yourself; I would recommend C&D Racing- an ATVRIDERS site sponcor.

I offer JE piston to my customers that I do build for. Also, I have completely custom piston that is about ready to be released.

MAD450r
04-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I been awaiting ordering a baldwin myself but if your custon piston will be close in compression and at or about the same price I may just wait for yours to release.

I still have warrenty till 08 so Im in no hurry to open my motor.

FireFighterI
04-02-2007, 06:32 PM
I usually do not sell over-the-counter, but if you want a piston and want to install yourself; I would recommend C&D Racing- an ATVRIDERS site sponcor.

I offer JE piston to my customers that I do build for. Also, I have completely custom piston that is about ready to be released.

So you sound like an experianced person:) with hot cams... well I have not heard about anyone running the stage one hotcam? is there a reason for this? is stage 2 better and can you still ride some trails with it? Thank you for the help

taino_racing
04-02-2007, 07:03 PM
i thought about the same hc1 or hc2 ,due to running mainly in fl(croom) u really dont have many places to get past 3 and i thought the hc 1 would be best,well my wife order hc2 as a gift and man thank god because this 450 winds some fast that its easier to ride now.it was very hard around tight trails(stock)before the cam change. I added a rossier pipe man what a difference-highly recommend this pipe/cam combo!!!!!!!jr.

chad502ex
04-02-2007, 08:32 PM
So you sound like an experianced person:) with hot cams... well I have not heard about anyone running the stage one hotcam? is there a reason for this? is stage 2 better and can you still ride some trails with it? Thank you for the help

stage one is ok, but the stage 2 is a lot better, ...stage 1 is best for under 20mph imo..... hehe

400exrider707
04-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't say the stage 2 is a lot better. They are both better than stock and both are made for separate types of riding. I ran a stage 1 for mx because I bought it from a buddy really cheap, and I loved it. Pulled awesome and you could really lug the motor in the corners and it would rip your arms off coming out. If you are a bottom end kind of guy and not a revver its an awesome cam.

jkirk141
04-02-2007, 10:23 PM
i agree i run a stage one for mx love the low end power good for starts in my opinion ... got 2 holeshots at LL with it ..

FireFighterI
04-03-2007, 10:33 AM
stage one is ok, but the stage 2 is a lot better, ...stage 1 is best for under 20mph imo..... hehe

So you are saying that you would highly recomend getting a stage two? its more of a radical cam isnt it? sorry...lots a questions.. I just want to get it right so I dont have to tear it apart and do it agian.. is valve clearance an issue with the stage two? thanks for all the help... oh yeah.. one more question.. will it be impossible to ride trails if I put in the stage two?

rlplive
04-03-2007, 10:41 AM
So you are saying that you would highly recomend getting a stage two? its more of a radical cam isnt it? sorry...lots a questions.. I just want to get it right so I dont have to tear it apart and do it agian.. is valve clearance an issue with the stage two? thanks for all the help... oh yeah.. one more question.. will it be impossible to ride trails if I put in the stage two?
No riding trails with a stage 2 is very possible, you can lug it just fine, here is a vid of mine with stage 2 goin over some logs just slow and fine
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nJBmqcJt1A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2nJBmqcJt1A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

chad502ex
04-03-2007, 11:14 AM

yes. It's considered as drop in cam, great all around performer...

pro-rider46
04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
i think you will be extremely happy with what ever cam you put in
because the stock cam is very restrictive

FireFighterI
04-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks for all the info and help guys... I think I have enough info now to make a decision on what cam to get:) thanks again... I believe I will go with the stage two