PDA

View Full Version : What All Do I Need?

Sherydestrx450r
03-30-2007, 12:38 PM
:confused: I WANT TO GIVE MY TRX450R 2005 A FULL SERVICE.... :)

I NEED SPECIFICS... I'M AN INDEPENDENT TYPE OF GIRL AND IF I CAN RIDE THE DAMN THING I BETTER BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF IT! :) THE KICK START WAS REALLY STIFF WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT (BRAND NEW) AND TOOK ME FOREVER TO KICK START IT! :) BUT I WOULDN'T LET ANYONE ELSE START MY BIKE FOR ME TO RIDE... SO I SPENT A WHILE IN THE BEGINNING JUST TRYING TO GET THE THING TO START! :)

HELP ME OUT HERE.. :)

FYI... I JUST GOT A WHITE BROTHERS E2 EXHAUST TOO... I NEED TO INSTALL THAT AND RE-JET.

SOMEONE GIVE ME A CHECK LIST OF ALL THE STUFF A QUAD NEEDS FOR A FULL ON SERVICE. :) IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

THANKS

LINDSEY EBY
W/PRO ARMOR

pro-rider46
03-30-2007, 11:02 PM
what do you mean by full service

Architects
03-31-2007, 01:52 AM
Oil change
oil filter
trans oil
Air filter- Clean and re-oil
Check chain tension and lubricate
Make sure bolts are tight

pro-rider46
03-31-2007, 07:46 AM
oh now i under stand

you can find this stuff i n the owners manual

Zeke
03-31-2007, 09:32 AM
deffinatly chekc the chain slack. it takes about 30sec to adjust and saves a ton of head aches

450ERRRRRR!
04-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Your going to love that Whitebrothers E2 exhaust!
You now need to remove the airbox lid or cut a big hole in it to look like the HRC lid. I even pull over it an old pair of pantie hose just for added protection. Then you will need to lossen the clamps on both sides of the carb so you can twist it to be able to unscrew the 17mm bolt on the bottom of the bowl. I tried a 45 and 48 pilot jet and both were to rich so stock was fine. The main jet needs to be around a 170. Dont use a jet kit(JUNK) just get OEM kelihn jets from your honda dealer. Then add that E2 and your going to be surprized! I'm sure half of it is just the new sound but it sure feels like it pulls much better.
I did just reoil my filter and put to much and it cloged up my carb so let it sit a while before installing.
Your going to love that new Exhaust!!!
I just noticed yours is a 05 so diregared the jet size, but if you look on here you will find a good start point for your 05 jet sizes.