PDA

View Full Version : frame issue

kendog57
03-30-2007, 07:28 AM
just wondering if has anyone got a new frame because of the recall. my fells in the range and i know it needs it i just dont want them welding my frame unless i got a new one. it not my fault they forgot to weld it. that's what happens when you let it to robots to do the work. but let me know if they just welded it or replaced it.

05Z400rdr
03-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Where I got mine, the dealership took all of them to a local welder, and they welded all of them. No need for a new frame when all thats wrong is half a weld is missing, which can be welded.

Landon

kendog57
03-30-2007, 12:34 PM
yeah i know they can weld it and i can weld it myself, so if the frame breaks now the welding shop is responible for it not suzuki unless suzuki signs off on it and takes the heat. yeah i can have my frame welded and fixed but if you weld it you have a better chance of it breaking because of the heat you applied to that area. maybe you see it different but i prefend a whole frame,maybe be costly but they screwed up not me.

AL Elks
03-30-2007, 01:32 PM
No way are they going to give you a new frame unless it is already cracked or broken beyond what the specs dictate.

Welding it does fix the problem so there's no worry. Being a welder you know that that if done properly you can add a weld at any time without compromising the integrity of the surrounding metal.

QIKLTR
04-19-2007, 05:52 PM
mine was welded by my dealers welder almost a year ago and i have had no signs of cracking. the only thing i didnt like was the black paint they put over the welds!!!