PDA

View Full Version : New Vid

rlplive
03-30-2007, 12:03 AM
Here is a short vid of me and my buddies. This flat part of the track is new and let me tell you I suck at turnin flat. And I also suck at turnin left lol.
Ryan

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nA-CXu4p8MY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nA-CXu4p8MY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Chino886
03-30-2007, 08:27 AM
My bike will be ready soon!

You guys are having too much fun!

rlplive
03-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Hahaha yeah man you should see the video of me barely not clearin the new table top, i about went over backwards I bounced so hard. You ever notice how if someone makes a post, WILL MY 450R BEAT A RAPTOR IN A DRAG RACE? like everyone replies, but when someone actually posts pics or vids of riding no one says anything?

ATV Chic
03-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Makes me jealous, i wanna go ride! :D

MAD450r
03-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Just my opinion here. I am a very small light guy and on my R I had problems turning on flat ground at first. I suggest taking a tiny amount of either compression or rebound on your front shocks. Also you are hooking up really well making you want to float the front end so either clutch a bit more or lean more on your bars entering the corner.

It appears its doing what mine was and bouncing the front a tad too much to keep it planted through the corner. Again this is just my opinion. you have to make small adjustments then ride it through that section again and again till you get it the best you can.

Then find your roughest section on the track and make sure you didn't make it too soft for that section. Hope that helps I know it did for me.

rlplive
03-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by MAD450r
Just my opinion here. I am a very small light guy and on my R I had problems turning on flat ground at first. I suggest taking a tiny amount of either compression or rebound on your front shocks. Also you are hooking up really well making you want to float the front end so either clutch a bit more or lean more on your bars entering the corner.

It appears its doing what mine was and bouncing the front a tad too much to keep it planted through the corner. Again this is just my opinion. you have to make small adjustments then ride it through that section again and again till you get it the best you can.

Then find your roughest section on the track and make sure you didn't make it too soft for that section. Hope that helps I know it did for me.
Thanks man, that is the kinda helpful imput I need. Do you think I should be coming off the jump with my wheels already turned?

Chino886
03-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by rlplive
Thanks man, that is the kinda helpful imput I need. Do you think I should be coming off the jump with my wheels already turned?

Hey RL,

I try to get more (lean) on the side of the bike that is wanting to come up, that should help your cornering. You can check that by taking a sharp turn and looking at your tire to see if it is leaving the ground! I know that probably don't make sense but I could show you what I am talking about it if I were standing next to you.

Chino886
03-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Body English is what I was trying to say! ;)

MAD450r
03-30-2007, 03:14 PM
How close are you landing to the corner, and where are other riders when you leave the jump.

esr250r86
03-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Nice vid.Looks like a fun track. Yeah on flat turns I just whip my back end out and gas the throttle and I seem to just glide right around but it takes some getting used to. Just dont over turn, that happened to a friend yesterday and he almost ate it.

TWISTED DINLI
03-30-2007, 03:34 PM
sweet vid.

rlplive
03-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by MAD450r
How close are you landing to the corner, and where are other riders when you leave the jump.
The turn is pretty much right when you land, and the other rider is either right in front of me or right behind me.

MAD450r
03-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Id say depending on the line then I'd say you can try it and land on the gas but not pinned to help it slide out for you.

Practice is you best friend, it'll make you fast.

Gray33
03-31-2007, 09:05 AM
nice dude your 450 is sweet just one question how do you make viedos and put htem on here?

rlplive
03-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Hey man just go to www.youtube.com and upload your vid. The it gives you a code and you copy and paste it and voilaaaaa

N300exJ
03-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Get wider. Now that my 450 is 48 inches wide and alot lower to the ground with smaller mx tires the speed you can carry in turns is unreal!

MAD450r
03-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Today was the first time I put my mx [18's] on my R. All I can say is wow. I was tearing it up but I mean it spins so much more now :(

I do corner better and I carry decent speed but I am going to kill these tires much faster than my 416ex did.

rlplive
04-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by N300exJ
Get wider. Now that my 450 is 48 inches wide and alot lower to the ground with smaller mx tires the speed you can carry in turns is unreal!
Yeah I am already wider, I am runnin +.05s for the woods though. I have been thinkin about gettin a spare set of cheap wheels to throw some 18s on though. Problem is we also have a log obstacle course at the track so 18s suck for that. I am just gonna keep practicing.

N300exJ
04-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Yeah i use to have my 450r setup for xc and trails. I like it even more through trails and rough stuff being wider and lower. It doest bother me at all. Ill still fly through the woods as wide as it is.

rlplive
04-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by N300exJ
Yeah i use to have my 450r setup for xc and trails. I like it even more through trails and rough stuff being wider and lower. It doest bother me at all. Ill still fly through the woods as wide as it is.
Hmm, well theres no way you could fly through the woods with +2's where we ride a lot. You tag trees being stock width a lot.