PDA

View Full Version : lmao dodge update

Stevie-D
03-29-2007, 04:46 PM
i'm sure this has got to be about the 100th post about my dodge truck, but im bored and have nothing better to do:p

a few weeks back i had a tranny shop rebuild the tranny. now mind you, this was the 3rd transmission rebuild this truck has had since i got it:huh I drove the truck for 3 days, then it started sputtering in drive, then died out and would not start again. i finally got it to start, but it would stall in drive, yet i had reverse. so i called the shop, who had given the tranny a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty, and they looked at it. 3 days later they figure out that they pulled a few wires out of a connector between the crank sensor and the tranny. told me it didnt do any damage and have a nice day. i figured what the hell, it's under warranty. so 2 days later i was on my way to pick up a girl im seeing, and i completely lost drive. called the tranny shop, and they said bring it back up. they tore it apart, told me that it had basically imploded on itself, and they were refusing to fix it, but would refund my money:huh

so three weeks later, i'm back to where i started, with no wheels under my *** again. got the truck, and i am having another tranny shop rebuild it. im having a Hughes Performance shift kit, torque converter, and tranny cooler put in it. internally everything (modified valve body, clutches, electronics, overdrive, etc etc etc...) is going to be TCI. everything is backed by a warranty, which the shop has vowed to stand behind after i told them of the previous shop.

it's going to be done tomorrow. not even going to say how much it's setting me back. :chinese: but i'ts about a thousand less than i paid for the truck.

i'm thinking that now that i'll have a bulletproof tranny, i'm going to have to build a nasty motor to put in front of it:devil:

lol damn that was long:eek2:
oh well, im bored and it gave me something to do:chinese:

AtvMxRider
03-29-2007, 05:36 PM
The smartest thing to do would be to sell it.

Ralph
03-29-2007, 06:11 PM
The troubles of an american vehicle. Buy a tacoma or tundra and say goodbye to your troubles.

premiumtommy
03-29-2007, 06:14 PM
you got it ralph...tacoma all the way

CDCHONDAS
03-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
The troubles of an american vehicle. Buy a tacoma or tundra and say goodbye to your troubles.

no do not be mistaken, just problems with dodge automatic cummins transmissions, their known junk from the factory and take a whole lot of work to keep together, btw I know people that are diehard toyota that arent going to buy another, I personally have no problem with the yota.

Which 450?
03-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
The smartest thing to do would be to sell it.

I was gonna let someone else say it 1st :blah:

quadmonkey
03-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Yea those foreign trucks do great til you try to throw 3000lbs of pin weight of a 5th wheel toy hauler on it. :huh

bulkdriverlp
03-29-2007, 07:40 PM
after you have gone through 3 trannys, you go and have it rebuilt again but with a shift kit? shift kits are hard on trannys, my bet youll be walkin again.

oldskoolex400
03-29-2007, 08:37 PM
yea, the only way i was going to buy a cummins a couple years ago was to have a manual, ended up buying a sport in it really like the 6 speed it has

motochamp250
03-29-2007, 09:50 PM
dodge sux at everything but their diesel trucks! they r the best a true deisel .....SIX CYLINDERS! all ur big rigs and tractors r six cylinders cuz of torque! hehe i perosnally have a cummins 6 speed and its great and it will pull ANYTHING

troutman561
03-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by quadmonkey
Yea those foreign trucks do great til you try to throw 3000lbs of pin weight of a 5th wheel toy hauler on it. :huh

Thats because 1/2 ton trucks are not meant to do this, same with chevy and ford 1/2 ton trucks, so your post, which is trying to down a foreign truck, is irrelevant.

underpowered
03-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
Thats because 1/2 ton trucks are not meant to do this, same with chevy and ford 1/2 ton trucks, so your post, which is trying to down a foreign truck, is irrelevant.

yeah but you got a much better chance of pulling a 5th wheel with a domestic 1/2 ton than a taco.

no i have nothin against yota or nissan, but if you want a good work truck buy american, a good small truck go with a yota. But sell the dodge either way, their auto trannies are junk, or go to advance adapter and get a kit to throw a GM auto like a TH350 behind it.

oldskoolex400
03-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by motochamp250
dodge sux at everything but their diesel trucks! they r the best a true deisel .....SIX CYLINDERS! all ur big rigs and tractors r six cylinders cuz of torque! hehe i perosnally have a cummins 6 speed and its great and it will pull ANYTHING

not really, the dodge magnum, and of course the dodge vipers are nice, and not to mention somewhat fast

oldskoolex400
03-29-2007, 10:54 PM

i doubt i will ever go to a half ton truck again, when i hook up to a trailer i dont want worry about damaging something from the motor to suspension, or blowing it up, and keeping up normal speeds when going up a hill.

the new yotas are ok, i think the people that drive them are someone who lives in a country club with tons of money that never really hauls much. and just tries to look cool.

how many honda/nissan/toyota trucks do you see on a construction site? very few to none. but every once in awhile an old yota.

but like the song goes, i was country when country wasnt cool, and now everyone had/has a truck and doesnt even use it. what a waste.

Stevie-D
03-30-2007, 04:41 AM
i'd love to sell it, but i've sunk over double what i paid for the truck back into it. i'd lose way too much money if i sold it now. and yes, a shift kit will be harsher. that is why i am using all TCI and Hughes parts for it. hell, the convertor alone is nearly $500:macho

quadmonkey
03-30-2007, 11:40 AM

No actually I like Taco's and would love to have one if I didn't tow anything, but none of the foreign trucks will tow my toyhauler. Now if they had a 1 ton dually diesel, then that would be a different story.

03-30-2007, 02:05 PM
i personally dont think their is anything good left on the market to buy (new that is) i will not buy toyota because i know how bad it hurts ur economy, if i were to buy a truck it would be a 1990- something chevy or a ford...

bwamos
03-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
i personally dont think their is anything good left on the market to buy (new that is) i will not buy toyota because i know how bad it hurts ur economy, if i were to buy a truck it would be a 1990- something chevy or a ford...

But that 2007 Toyota Tacoma employs hundreds of americans in assembly plants.

Buying a used truck only employs a used car salesman. ;)

troutman561
03-30-2007, 02:41 PM

Apparently you dont know how it effects our economy because more of the toyota is made in the US than GM and Ford vehicles therefore benefiting the US more...

NorCalRacer
03-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
yeah but you got a much better chance of pulling a 5th wheel with a domestic 1/2 ton than a taco.

no i have nothin against yota or nissan, but if you want a good work truck buy american, a good small truck go with a yota. But sell the dodge either way, their auto trannies are junk, or go to advance adapter and get a kit to throw a GM auto like a TH350 behind it.

So true. Just bough a car hauler the other day to pull behind my Chevy 1500. I doubt a yota would pull that trailer empty. They are great litte trucks, but not meant as work trucks at all. I, personally, would rather have the dodge this thread is about than ANY toyota, but that is just me:D Don't worry about your Dodge Steve, I'm sure that it'll get going.

400EXTRA
03-30-2007, 02:58 PM
buy a chevy

03-30-2007, 03:00 PM
troutman i am not saying your wrong, but prove your statement, i can prove all the GM factortys around my city that are closing up thanx to the union our government and the buyers. Prove that a toyota is more american then a GM product please

03-30-2007, 03:02 PM
i wont even buy from a used car lot, side of the road is the only thing that works for me. :D

I couldnt justify buying a 30 grand truck and have it be worth 1/2 that i 3 years, witch is also why i ride a 250r, i couldnt imagine losing thousands on a truck or a new quad :rolleyes:

Hondaracing819
03-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Ralph

Keep supporting the japs my friend:chinese:

If i were you i would sell that heap dodge and buy a duramax w/ the allison trans

You cant go wrong with one of those

Which 450?
03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Stevie-D delete this stupid thread, it turned out like every other car make based thread in existence of exriders

troutman561
03-30-2007, 08:51 PM
troutman i am not saying your wrong, but prove your statement, i can prove all the GM factortys around my city that are closing up thanx to the union our government and the buyers. Prove that a toyota is more american then a GM product please

Look on the window of a new tundra or most any toyota, they have a break down of the percentage of parts made in the US and Japan, and on the new tundra 15% or something like that is made in japan, which are small little parts as most everything we own has some of china or japan in it, the rest of the 75% is made in the US... I have not looked at a GM or Ford and looked at this sticker but I'd bet to say it is about the same percentage made in the US as the toyota, if not less...