PDA

View Full Version : jetting

ZSNOW
03-29-2007, 02:19 PM
i have a hotcam stage 1 intake and a twinair fliter, i seem to be running a little lean with just the filter on it...what should i do with just the filter and what should i do with the cam and filter for jetting:confused:

ZSNOW
03-29-2007, 09:02 PM
anyone? some one please help me!?!

GPracer2500
03-29-2007, 09:35 PM
The best answers you're going to get are the ones you discover for yourself. In other words, if you think you may be a little lean then try bumping up your jetting a little. See if that effects whatever is making you think you are lean. Make one change at a time and don't make too big a jump each time. Make a change, then test....make a change, then test....et cetera.

In most cases jetting is a process, not a set of specs you read off the Internet. Experimenting with your own settup will not only lead you to the best configuration for your bike in your riding enviroment, but you'll learn a heck of a lot about tuning that you can apply down the road. The quick answer is to have your ride tuned on a dyno by a pro. If that isn't appealing then be prepared to spend time learning how to tune. Or just follow what someone says works on their bike and call it good enough for you.

IMO, the wrong question is: "What size jets do I need." The right approach is to ask about what techiques there are for determining the difference between too rich and too lean.

Not trying to be harsh, but that's the best advice I've got. :)

just $0.02

ZSNOW
03-30-2007, 02:36 PM
i would want that answer more then one that doesn't work:)