PDA

View Full Version : hmf or lrd answer quick plz

daniel_beck
03-29-2007, 09:51 AM
what pipe do u think would be better

ratso
03-29-2007, 11:03 AM
I recentley got a hmf slip on and had nothing but problems. If you search the board go to hmf with hrc by ratso.

400exrider707
03-29-2007, 11:30 AM
ratso is probably the only member to ever have a problem with an HMF exhaust. The LRD's on the other hand are garbage. My buddies fell apart so many times. The end cap blew out two or three times, the midpipe pulled the threads out of the canister I dont know how many times, the paint strips off of the label in about a week.... JUNK!!! It sounded good, gave good performance, but in the end was not worth it. This was on a very well kept bike too.

daniel_beck
03-29-2007, 11:33 AM
thx guys i ended up buying a lrd i hope mine dont fall apart dude at the shop said that they give u the most horsepower not sure about that but i will let u guys know if its a good pipe

400exrider707
03-29-2007, 12:34 PM
def not the most horse. DASA, Curtis Sparks, Rossier, these are good horsepower pipes, but they are also $$$. The LRD will give you good power gains though. I liked it as far as performance goes, but it will fall apart. Be prepared. We ended up putting heli-coils in the silencer to attach it to the midpipe it fell apart so much.

tim colston
03-29-2007, 12:34 PM
The Lrd is not garbage. :rolleyes: Nor is the HMF but I prefer the sound of the lrd vs the hmf.

400exrider707
03-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
The Lrd is not garbage. :rolleyes: Nor is the HMF but I prefer the sound of the lrd vs the hmf.

He asked about the 450R. I had an LRD exhaust on my 400ex that was great. Different pipe.

If you've ever had a silencer pull off of the midpipe during a race you would be saying the same thing!!!

rlplive
03-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
He asked about the 450R. I had an LRD exhaust on my 400ex that was great. Different pipe.

If you've ever had a silencer pull off of the midpipe during a race you would be saying the same thing!!!
Hard to say bro, I had a buddy with an 04 he bought when they first came out. He had an lrd on his quad forever and rode it really hard and he never had a problem.
Ryan

daniel_beck
04-02-2007, 02:41 PM
well i have to say that i am very satisfied with the lrd pipe it gave me a real big boost on the bottom and mid range and even more on the top end its a great pipe i would deff recommend it to n e one but also i ahve havent rode on n eother pipe though

04-02-2007, 03:57 PM
i got mine HMF and the power difference in bottom and mid end is amazing. it looks good too.

mustangflyboy
04-02-2007, 11:27 PM
I've liked my full HMF system so far. I love the hard pull I get and it did pretty well at the Glamis drags. there was only a few well modded yammies and a couple other hondas that could barely pull it and a psyhco banshee that blew it away. It's def a high quality pipe, won't fall apart.

trx250r180
04-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
ratso is probably the only member to ever have a problem with an HMF exhaust. The LRD's on the other hand are garbage. My buddies fell apart so many times. The end cap blew out two or three times, the midpipe pulled the threads out of the canister I dont know how many times, the paint strips off of the label in about a week.... JUNK!!! It sounded good, gave good performance, but in the end was not worth it. This was on a very well kept bike too.

was this an early one? they have redesighned since fist run of pipes,i have one with the grey silencer and stainless pipe,and it is very nice,and puts out easy to ride power,i did see some falling apart like you described had silver silencers,those are the cheaper line ones,the grey are pretty well built,and the paint stays on mine on tag

400exrider707
04-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by trx250r180
was this an early one? they have redesighned since fist run of pipes,i have one with the grey silencer and stainless pipe,and it is very nice,and puts out easy to ride power,i did see some falling apart like you described had silver silencers,those are the cheaper line ones,the grey are pretty well built,and the paint stays on mine on tag

Yes it was a polished one. I dont think they had a choice but to redesign...:rolleyes:

quadster
04-04-2007, 05:43 PM
06' lrd pro4r, no problems yet for 16 months,

400exrider707
04-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by quadster
06' lrd pro4r, no problems yet for 16 months,

I'm glad to hear that they fixed the problems then... they have always been a big name and this is why we were so disappointed in it. Well at least they fixed it.

quadster
04-05-2007, 07:36 PM
i hope so.