PDA

View Full Version : Wheel covers?

Sjorge450R
03-29-2007, 08:12 AM
I know that Hiper has there own wheel cover for there wheels, but I have bajas, and i Just noticed how much mud gets in there and stays during a race. (yea i've had them for a year, and just realized this....lol) what can I use to cover up atleast the big area? I dont mind the small holes, because if anything goes in there, its small enough to come back out. I have seen people using coffee can lids, but i dont think that will work on Bajas.

Thanks
Steve

400exrider707
03-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
I know that Hiper has there own wheel cover for there wheels, but I have bajas, and i Just noticed how much mud gets in there and stays during a race. (yea i've had them for a year, and just realized this....lol) what can I use to cover up atleast the big area? I dont mind the small holes, because if anything goes in there, its small enough to come back out. I have seen people using coffee can lids, but i dont think that will work on Bajas.

Thanks
Steve

chunks of foam used to be the hot setup.

Sjorge450R
03-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
chunks of foam used to be the hot setup.

haha yea. I remeber seeing those. I dont even know where to get foam that big....lol. I was just thinking, maybe some window screen. I dont know.

gbcap
03-29-2007, 09:50 AM
do a ebay search for mud plugs. you can find anything you want.

you can get foam tha big from just about anywhere. you could go to a salvage yard and get an old rear seat and cut some of that foam out.

i am sure some places still carry the wheel foam.

watts16
03-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
haha yea. I remeber seeing those. I dont even know where to get foam that big....lol. I was just thinking, maybe some window screen. I dont know. If you have a local dirt track race shop they have foam plugs.

esr250r86
03-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Just get a mud plug and It should fit on the bajas because the reinforcement ring is the same or should be the same size as a beadlock would be. Buy some off of ebay and try them or make your own. Yeah and foam works okay too. I seen everybody was running those a while back.