PDA

View Full Version : Running like CRAP...any ideas??

Drtridr18
10-08-2002, 04:42 AM
Alright, I finally got my a-arm put back on, took 'er out to the farm for a little ride. Got it out of the truck, fired right up, for a couple seconds, then cracked it a couple times. Took off into a field, ripped up a 2nd gear wheelie, came down revved it out but wouldn't take it...kept sputtering, backfiring, crackling...okay maybe it isn't warmed up I thought, took it down the road, steady pace, then tried opeining it up again, same thing, backfiring bad...then quit. Yea the gas was on, and the choke was off-checked that first. Waited a few, fiddled with it, fired up again, rode down and back w/o big throttle, ran bad, but even worse when I cranked it open. Died again back in the field, fiddled with the idle setting, that helped for like 1 second, would start on the choke, but would not run with it off. Then finally got it started again and decided to put it back in the truck...irritating me.

Now keep in mind that it has prolly been sitting with the same full tank of gas for a month or more in my garage...started it a couple times now and then. I thought it could be the jetting, because of the weather change, there was nothing obstructing my air filter. But the jetting i have (K&N kit, 146 Dynojet, Dynojet needle 3 clip, stock pilot, and airscrew 3.5? turns out or so-lid on), i installed at the end of last winter, still snow, and haven't made major adjustments since, and it's been running pretty damn good until now.

Tonight, depending what you guys say, i'm gonna drain the gas, try some new, maybe a new plug, if that doesn't do the trick, maybe mess with the jetting...i dunno.

Anyways, sorry about the long post, but thanks for the help!

Justin

YZROOSTINYA
10-08-2002, 04:57 AM
a month old gas isnt too bad. sounds weird, more like a wiring prob or sumpin. float sticking? blocked main jet

10-08-2002, 05:49 AM
i'd do what you said you were gonna do first..if that don't help post again

10-08-2002, 01:01 PM
it ran fine at first right? check the vent tube! :eek: it might have a bug or piece of dirt in it or something. that happened to mine before!