PDA

View Full Version : *!?couple of questions?!*

almostred434
03-28-2007, 11:57 PM
well i have been thinking very seriously about removing my choke but i did a search and saw that there were mixed opinions about it and was wondering if it is any noticable difference and if i did remove it would it make my quad run any worse
like is there a slight chance it will mess it up
and what should i plug the hole with

and for my 2nd question
xsome of yall might think i am a moron but thats fine :p

but i was wondering when i ride a wheelie it pulls to the left and was wondering why
im sure its b/c of the tire pressure but would that mean the left side has less air than the right or vise versa
lol
please help me out

hondaguy20
03-29-2007, 12:53 AM
as for the carb...its a very simple thing to do... i seemed to get a couple more hp out of it...i think... but when you pull the linkage out of the side of the carb all you have to do is snap the little black cap back on...also when taking the brass screws out of the plate... make sure you dont get metal shaving inside of the carb... try to hold the carb with the air intake side downor cocked so the shaving cant fall in...

now for the wheelie...most likely your left size tire is low on air and that would cause the tire to be smaller than the other side cause a speed difference between the two tires

2004exrider
03-29-2007, 11:19 AM
thats a lot of horse power from just removing the choke lol.

Pipeless416
03-29-2007, 01:58 PM
i pulled my choke out and it seemed to give me a little bit quicker throttle response and possibly a very slight pull on top end due to the increased velocity of air that can get through. its very easy to do, but it will not really make you any faster. as for starting issues, i put a 42 pilot jet in and i can start in -10 F without much trouble.. sometimes easier than my dads can start with a 38 pilot and choke still installed. the wheelie thing.. what everybody else said.

northwest Texas
03-30-2007, 09:32 AM
I'll go a little more in depth on the wheelie issue since you admit your lack of knowledge.

If it pulls to the left each and every time regardless of terrain, then it is probably your tire psi. That would mean your left tire has a smaller circumference than your right so for each revolution your right tire goes farther. Basically that means you have less psi in your left tire than your right.

Also it could be the terrain. Most roads are built with a slight crown so water drains off. So using the laws of physics, if you attempt a wheelie on the right side of the road, you will veer right because of gravity.

Out in fields, the terrain can vary widely so if you're riding a good one and there's a low spot one tire goes through that the other doesn't you will notice the quad will "steer" in that direction and once it levels back out, the quad goes back straight.

The more you ride them, the better a feel you will get of what's happening underneath you and sometimes you can compensate with some body english.