PDA

View Full Version : How often do you ride?

esr250r86
03-28-2007, 11:34 PM
How often do you ride. I ride about twice a week or more.

Mc. Muffin
03-28-2007, 11:46 PM
I ride every chance I get, mostly every Friday and Saturday

firefighterjosh
03-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Once a week for 15mins if I am luckly. Ussually I just race about every 2 weeks:( Thats my riding spot is the track

GlowBoy
03-28-2007, 11:55 PM
If I am home, 4-5 times a week. Now in ND once or twice a week.

1fst400
03-28-2007, 11:58 PM
less and less it seems.

when I first got my quad I was out EVERY day. I dident car what, It could be a monsoon out and I was riding.

Then it was once a week in the sand pit or somthing, no more muddy rocky trails.

Then it went to just tracks, mabie a sand pit here and there.

now I havent ridden in quite some time due to my clutch being fried to the point where it has the acceleration of a 250ex. And lack of money to buy some new fibers and plates.

04exking
03-29-2007, 12:08 AM
I ride at least twice a week but if I am lucky I get to ride everyday.

esr250r86
03-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Dang,I need to start riding more often.

Pipeless416
03-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by esr250r86
Dang,I need to start riding more often.

dont feel too bad. im only home once or twice a month since im going to school about 5 hours away. my quad has basically become a garage queen..:( unless my brother has been sneaking it out.. AGAIN :grr:

CannondaleRider
03-29-2007, 02:01 AM
Sometimes once a week, usually every two weeks.

I usually alternate between Speedworld MX practice, and desert sprints

Most of my riding is done at the races though. Ten rounds a year makes it seem like there is no time for practice, by the time you get the bike back into tip top shape after a race, you practice once, and you already have to prepare for the next race.....still strapped for time.

Definatly need to start practicing more

underpowered
03-29-2007, 05:46 AM
usually once a week for a few minutes, and actually ride hard about once a month. i used to go to the track once every two weeks and practice at the house twice a week or so, but it has been over a year since i have been to the track.

JRP
03-29-2007, 05:48 AM
tuesdays-thursdays and saturday

clutch22
03-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Pretty much everyday... but latley its been raining everyday... so if the dirt's dry, i ride

03-29-2007, 03:34 PM
for the last 2 months everyday for about 2 hours or so some days its jsut chillin in the pit some its long trail rides

03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
pretty much everyday for at least an hour after i get back from school.

y3llow400ex
03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
since ive been working 7 days a week i only get to ride my quad....never... actualy i take it up the street atleast a couple times a week just so it being riden. last time i actualy got to ride was like 2 months ago.

PismoLocal
03-29-2007, 04:32 PM
I ride one day every weekend either all day fri,sat, or sun. Usually go to the dunes but I ride MX 1-2 a month.

idro
03-29-2007, 08:08 PM
everyday...

popped a tire just today. :mad:

MX MaNiAc 06
03-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Couple times a month if im lucky. I go too big and break something then dont ride again for another month...

suzukigirl
03-30-2007, 12:05 AM
i haven't ridden in like 5 months...i'm going crazy

i do most of my riding during race season

CannondaleRider
03-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
i haven't ridden in like 5 months...i'm going crazy

i do most of my riding during race season

Convince your mom to bring you down for WORCS Round 4 in Payette

05Z400rdr
03-30-2007, 09:26 AM
I usually ride everyday unless im not home or on vacation or somethin

54warrior
03-30-2007, 09:44 AM
All of you 'younguns enjoy riding everyday, trust me, it doesn't last. Before long it will be work work work work...back to work, work work work work work work work. Work won't be the only thing that keeps you from getting chances to ride either.

I used to ride everyday when I was in school. Not anymore. I haven't rode in probably 6 months or more. My poor Warrior is just sitting there, dead battery and all, waiting for someone to ride it.

I finally moved out of my parents house a few months ago, and left the quad there (250 miles away), so that hasn't helped. I took a few extra days off over easter vacation, plan on buying a new battery to take back home with me and doing some riding with a friend who just got his TRX450 running right again.

DVXracer
03-30-2007, 10:19 AM
I ride in the feild behind my house prolly everyday or everyother day. I go to tracks about everyother week.

ATV Chic
03-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
All of you 'younguns enjoy riding everyday, trust me, it doesn't last. Before long it will be work work work work...back to work, work work work work work work work. Work won't be the only thing that keeps you from getting chances to ride either.

What he said.....lol work sux!

bwamos
03-30-2007, 02:20 PM
About twice a month.
2 jobs (70hr weeks) cuts into riding time. :(
That and taking care of the house, lawn, etc...

Getting old sucks.. lol.

400EXTRA
03-30-2007, 03:08 PM
everyday just about. its Nice to be a teenager :D

250ex13
03-30-2007, 03:14 PM
about once or twice every 2-3 months.

esr250r86
03-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by 250ex13
about once or twice every 2-3 months. Man, I would go crazy if I could only ride that often. I am lucky to have riding spots right behind my house.

krt400ex
03-30-2007, 07:06 PM
well i haven't had a good ride for over a month cuz i got no money and my quad is F**Ked up, but when i ride...usually 1-2x a week

madeincanada123
03-30-2007, 07:30 PM
atleast 2-3 times a week, sometimes everyday

400exrider989
03-30-2007, 07:31 PM
holy crap!
you are all so lucky
i dont ride in the winter at all the only time have to ride is in the summer and atleast 3 weekends outta a month
im only 14 and i still dont ride as mch as some guy or girls with jobs and families!

i wanna cry

gncc025
03-30-2007, 07:45 PM
sometimes 2 days a week but almost every sunday. riding isn't what it used to be to me but i try to stay with it. after 5 or 6 years of riding atleast 2 or 3 times a week it has just burned me out.:( at least for now.

reptikes
03-30-2007, 07:45 PM
I just got my first ATV which is a 2004 TRX450r, so i am very addicted to riding now. I ride 7 days a week, 2-3 of the days i go out for 3-5 hours, and the other days i just go in the woods behind the house (practice my wheelies and i got a nice little track made).

Caseys 300ex
03-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Everyday i have rode for about 4 years and i still am addicted.

ida400ex
03-31-2007, 01:37 AM
i have rode alomoast every day for 2 years. i ride less now becouse i go to work after school and dont get home till past dark and i work saterdays. plus i was riding tonight and i blew one of my bald sock tires. now i have to spend more money:rolleyes:

Mxjunkie
03-31-2007, 08:44 AM
Everyday for almost 2-3 hours, then almost all day saturday and sunday, cant ride now cause of a god damn car accident :grr:

MX MaNiAc 06
03-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Well when my quad runs i normally find at least one day after school to ride. One night after school on the tractor working on the track. Sunday to ride my track. Saturday go to a track if i dont work. Any other days i have left not working im working on my quad.

yellow400ex05
03-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Like either every day or every other day depending on wether or not I feel like riding that day.

procircuit406ex
03-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Every Saturday...

rollie
03-31-2007, 12:59 PM
i try to get out every weekend, and one weekday on the quad, and when my 110 isnt broken, i ride it just about everyday:D

BlasterEaten250
03-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Everyday, usually about an hour on weekdays and 2-3 on weekends.

QuadJunkies
03-31-2007, 03:06 PM
I rarely ride at all anymore..
Im thinking on selling mine :(

sly400ex
03-31-2007, 03:15 PM
You're not the only one. When I first bought my 400 almost seven years ago I rode at least twice a weak. Past couple years, I'm lucky if I ride a few times a year.:(

QuadJunkies
03-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
You're not the only one. When I first bought my 400 almost seven years ago I rode at least twice a weak. Past couple years, I'm lucky if I ride a few times a year.:(

Mine is not because I cant, its something I chose,somewhat.

Ive focused so much on my family riding/racing,that I have lost my own passion to ride again,along with a few others things that have made me see things alot differently .

I still have a huge passion for the sport, I just somehow got to get back in the saddle again:ermm:

Sjorge450R
03-31-2007, 08:07 PM
i race on average 3 times a month. When ever i have the quad together and ready, i usually go out on sunday to my dads work and just mess around.

wvspeedfreak
03-31-2007, 08:45 PM
I go through spells where I want to ride alot and then there are times I don't even want to ride at all for weeks at a time.I don't race though,I'm just a play rider :p I have been riding with my son a good bit lately though.We rode for a couple hours today.

Quadjunkies....at least keep a quad around for the times you do want to take a spin.I went through the same thing you are talking about and sold my 450r.Then one day I got the urge to ride and really regretted selling it.I wound up going out a getting another quad :) This one is staying stock though.I don't ride enough to justify dumping a bunch of money into it.

QuadJunkies
03-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I go through spells where I want to ride alot and then there are times I don't even want to ride at all for weeks at a time.I don't race though,I'm just a play rider :p I have been riding with my son a good bit lately though.We rode for a couple hours today.

Quadjunkies....at least keep a quad around for the times you do want to take a spin.I went through the same thing you are talking about and sold my 450r.Then one day I got the urge to ride and really regretted selling it.I wound up going out a getting another quad :) This one is staying stock though.I don't ride enough to justify dumping a bunch of money into it.
Nice air :D

so,how did you get "out of the funk" you was in??
I worry I may be too late.I dont get the urges like I used to.
I think I could use some vacation,then maybe I would see things a little dif. :(

the minis had me so stressed out this year it took away alot of what should be fun:ermm:

wvspeedfreak
03-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

I think I could use some vacation,then maybe I would see things a little dif. :(

the minis had me so stressed out this year it took away alot of what should be fun:ermm:

Well,I know you guys(and gals) are serious racers and being that your whole family races I can see how that could get very stressful.......in several ways(physically,mentally,financially,etc...).Austi n races here and there when my work schedule allows it but for the most part we will just go like to Breezewood or something and spend the weekend letting Austin ride and kicking back.Austin seems content doing this and honestly he gets alot more seat time for alot less money that way.As far as I go,the urge just strikes me to ride from time to time and I realized that even though it may not be all that often,when it does it is nice to have a quad to hop on ;)

DVXracer
04-01-2007, 09:09 AM

Just go ride oneday, you'll get the urges again, at least thats what i did i thought i really didnt wanna ride anymore so i took my quad out with some buddys and now im back in it better than ever :)

QuadJunkies
04-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by DVXracer
Just go ride oneday, you'll get the urges again, at least thats what i did i thought i really didnt wanna ride anymore so i took my quad out with some buddys and now im back in it better than ever :)

I have and it didnt work.

Maybe a new one would do the trick :D j/k

chances of a new one will not happen as long as we have kids racing .

04-01-2007, 11:05 AM
i hardly ever ride anymore. All my buddys sold their toys and the ons that ddint sell them just let them sit in the garage. I am more into sleds then quads. I am going to sell everything this summer. Me and my old man rebuilt a 87 banshee this winter (just as a small project for fun really) and i am just going to put that around every now and then. I still love to come on this website and i might get back into the sport more later on

sly400ex
04-01-2007, 12:41 PM

I hope it's nothing too serious that's got you bummed about riding.

I've had it pretty rough the past few years, things that have caused me to be depressed, and now I just don't have the urge to do much of anything. I could definitely ride more if I wanted, but like I said, I just don't care as much as I use to. I'm hopeful I'll snap out of it fairly soon.:ermm:

Although, the last time i went riding I did have a blast.:)

krt400ex
04-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
I hope it's nothing too serious that's got you bummed about riding.

I've had it pretty rough the past few years, things that have caused me to be depressed, and now I just don't have the urge to do much of anything. I could definitely ride more if I wanted, but like I said, I just don't care as much as I use to. I'm hopeful I'll snap out of it fairly soon.:ermm:

Although, the last time i went riding I did have a blast.:)

happened to me for a couple of months this winter...and i always love to ride in the winter...now i wanna ride and i can't =/

NPelletier
04-01-2007, 09:18 PM
during the summer i usually ride every weekend but during the winter im lucky if i ride once a month, yestarday was the first time i rode since b4 Christmas, lol, got all my new gear and helmet dirty for the 1st time:devil: