PDA

View Full Version : outlaw 525

z rider2
03-28-2007, 08:47 PM
hey guys i might buy one soon and have a few questions. how reliable is the IRS? are the cv boots tearing? how do the Ryde FX shocks compare to other OEM shocks? i ride mostly dunes and trails, i also might wait for the 450 predator, or the 450 KTM, what would u guys do? thanks

MentalState
03-28-2007, 09:14 PM
I love mine...Bushings do reqiure regular greasing on the IRS...The 525 feels like a purpose built woods racer..The boots will rip..Its just a matter of when..I have had thoes things last years and days?Its a crap shoot..

Evasiveone
03-28-2007, 09:38 PM
The units after the first few will have needle bearings in the rear carrier eliminating the need to grease the rear bushing.

You have to ride the IRS to understand how much smoother it is than an SRA. It stays planted and hooks up much better coming out of corners. It is still easy to slide, it is just a more predictable slide and never surprises you by sliding out on you when you do not want it to.

If you are going to get a KTM450 you better start saving your pennies now because they will not be cheap.

eerhard09
03-29-2007, 08:43 AM
I believe there will also be a 520 KTM quad built for woods/trails.... They are "supposed to be unveiled in June at the dealer show....SUPPOSED TO BE! And then, once unveiled, they are supposed to be in the dealers in September. May want to hold off until the dealer show to see what the actual plan is and you may have some other options.

As for the IRS, this is my first time on an IRS quad and it is definitely easier on the rider! The reliability has yet to be determined on the 525 (with the added power and torque over the 500) but so far so good. Polaris has produced a good quad with the 525 despite the Polaris hater opinions out there!

z rider2
03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
thanks for the replies!, how is it in the dunes? i'm not a huge jumper, but i do need something that will ride a little smoother since i just screwed up my back. I might keep my z450, and buy the 525 too. does anyone have a full exhaust out for it yet? thanks again guys.

bwamos
03-29-2007, 06:46 PM
The 525 should be smooth as butter in the dunes with revalved shocks. ;)