PDA

View Full Version : what should i get.....

jason43050
03-28-2007, 02:55 PM
i have stock tires and rims on my 2005 400ex. my 2 front rims are bent. my back rims are straight. my tires still have some tread. i want to get new rims and maybe tires. i have only $400 to spend. it didnt take much to bend those stock rims. i want everyone's opinion on what i can get for $400, for quality. i thinking since my back rims are straight that i should just replace the front rims and get tires. but wouldn't it look weird to have different rims on the front than what's on the back? not sure if my tread on mt tires will last this season or not. i don't get this kind of money very often so i need to make it last :) thanks

XtremelyCrazy
03-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Wait for a GNCC race, and buy a full set of four there.

I hear there's some darn good deals.

jason43050
03-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by XtremelyCrazy
Wait for a GNCC race, and buy a full set of four there.

I hear there's some darn good deals.
not sure what youare talking about. i can get a set of 4 holeshot gncc and itp .190 rims for 399 on ebay, but i want to know if that will last awhile, or am i waisting my money. i might ride once a month. twice if i get really lucky.

XtremelyCrazy
03-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by jason43050
not sure what youare talking about. i can get a set of 4 holeshot gncc and itp .190 rims for 399 on ebay, but i want to know if that will last awhile, or am i waisting my money. i might ride once a month. twice if i get really lucky.

I've used ITP Holeshots on Douglas .190s for years and been very happy with them.

Riding once or twice a month they'll prolly dry rot before you wear the tread off. Just stay off the pavement.

Some people say Maxxis Razr2's are a better tire, and the GNCC's are a little soft, but I think the difference is not that significant.

I was talking about going to an actual GNCC Grand National Cross Country race, where I understand you can get some pretty good deals.

Ruby Soho
03-28-2007, 04:29 PM
i have kenda klaw XC front and back, in front i have stock rims, and in back i have ITP t-9 rims