PDA

View Full Version : has anybody extended rear only of raptor 660

bigsled
03-28-2007, 07:32 AM
how many inches and how did it work. i was thinking 3 " total . some people said it threw the whole thing off . others said it was a great improvement;)

gbcap
03-28-2007, 09:09 AM
never a raptor specifically.

but i extended my xc bike 1.25 inches and i LOVE the change.

going up 3 inches will slow your turning down. and it will also make your turning radius larger. it will make it more stabil in a straight line and it will keep the front end more firmly planted on the ground.

it will make it much harder to manuever in the air if your a big jumper. alot of mxers stay stock or go shorter cause it will allow for a quicker pitching (forward and back) in the air.

Racing Rice
03-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Are you looking to make it three inches longer, or three inches wider?

bigsled
03-28-2007, 01:42 PM
wider

Racing Rice
03-29-2007, 09:45 AM
You will have no problems going wider. It won't throw anything off. The only thing you will have to remember if your rear end is wider then your front is, just because your front end made it through the gap doesn't mean your rear will. It can get painful catching the rear tire on a tree. Don't ask me how I know this. ;) :D

I'm running GeForce spacers on mine, they were a big improvement.

GBcap is referring to issues with an extended swingarm.

daniel_beck
04-05-2007, 02:44 PM
my buddy put a g-force axle on his and he running 20/11/9 tires and it evened up the front w/ the back and it really stable and it does real good on turns