PDA

View Full Version : new fenders and how to fan a crf

Rootar
03-28-2007, 12:37 AM
well i got tired of my crf overheating so i bought a tiny type 4, 12 volt, battery and made a little box and mounted it underneath the radiator to run a trx450r radiator fan all i have to do is plug the battery in at night the day before i go ride and it will run the fan for a good 3 hours but i only use it when im putting around or after i ran a long hard ride and come to a quick stop ( to keep the air flowing). i also picked up and set of free 450r rear fenders and fabbed up some mounts and did some trimming and got them to fit pretty good and i like them. here are the pics

battery set up in the box and where itll be mounted

deepcj7
03-28-2007, 12:49 AM
What mods does your motor have?

Glamis400ex
03-28-2007, 07:52 AM
get a dual pass radiator and use Engine Ice. I can idle mine for 10 minutes and not lose a drop of coolant.

Rootar
03-28-2007, 07:54 AM
sorry i guess i fell asleep last night, my motor is a bone stock 05, hmf 400ex slip-on and 450r head pipe

here are the fenders

Rootar
03-28-2007, 08:03 AM
thats an intense fabritcation double pass, its too thick and it needs a fan to pull air through it, and yes i need to switch back to engine ice but i keep having to pull the raditor and motor out all the time and that stuff is expensive ill put it in there this time with the fan also and that should be plenty and it only over heats when i come to a stop after a hard ride or a race. not during the race so that why im putting the fan on there to let it cool down slow

here is another pic of the 450r rear fenders i think they turned out pretty good and they are alot lower for more room to get down on the side of the seat when cornering and moving around