PDA

View Full Version : 3rd to neutral?

wsucougfan
03-27-2007, 11:55 PM
I was down at the dunes in oregon (florence and winchester bay) a couple weeks ago and I started having a little problem. I was down there for 5 days and was doing some pretty hard riding. On the third day my 400 started to go into neutral when I down shifted from third to second, which really sucked when I was trying to climb up a 400ft sand dune and totally lost momentum when it dropped into neutral instead of second when trying to downshift. Anyone know why this might be happening? I bought it brand new in 2005, but it does have a decent amount of hours on it. Any thoughts welcome

Lukeidiot
03-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by wsucougfan
I was down at the dunes in oregon (florence and winchester bay) a couple weeks ago and I started having a little problem. I was down there for 5 days and was doing some pretty hard riding. On the third day my 400 started to go into neutral when I down shifted from third to second, which really sucked when I was trying to climb up a 400ft sand dune and totally lost momentum when it dropped into neutral instead of second when trying to downshift. Anyone know why this might be happening? I bought it brand new in 2005, but it does have a decent amount of hours on it. Any thoughts welcome

Unless your 2nd gear magically switched and replaced itself with 1st, then there is no way thats possible.

Maybe you thought you were in 3rd, but actually in 2nd.

QuadJunkies
03-29-2007, 01:25 AM
I got a little confused on the description....lol
But.... is what yor trying to say is that when in gear it pops into nuetral?
Adj. your clutch and if that doesnt work then you may have some tranny issues.
I have had to replace twice ,the last time simply due to wear and lot of racing was done on it.I had a bent shift fork,dogs ect..