PDA

View Full Version : My quad pisses me off!

TGW_400ex
03-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Well so far to get my quad just to be ridable this year I had to buy rear rims and tires swingarm and axle bearings and now a swing arm bolt because it was frozen so bad we had to cut it. I love spending money!

Aceman
03-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Did you not realize a quad needs regular maintenance?:rolleyes:

Kickstarts-suck
03-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
Well so far to get my quad just to be ridable this year I had to buy rear rims and tires swingarm and axle bearings and now a swing arm bolt because it was frozen so bad we had to cut it. I love spending money!

lol reminds me of my 250x

don't you love it! :scary:

Ron89
03-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Same thing happened to me but I got a kick***** quad for a cheap price so I kinda expected it. I have almost over a grand in it and have ridden it twice so far. What's funny is none of it is motor related, which is usually the issue.:chinese:

TGW_400ex
03-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
Did you not realize a quad needs regular maintenance?:rolleyes:

I don't think replacing the swing arm bolt is regular maintenance.:rolleyes:

300exOH
03-28-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't think replacing the swing arm bolt is regular maintenance.:rolleyes:

No, but lubing it is... just messing with you. :p I agree it sucks trying to keep the quads going but like most other hobbies... it ain't cheap.

premiumtommy
03-28-2007, 09:50 AM
dude it's an off-road vehicle. its supposed to be beaten and abused. and well, stuff breaks

i dont remember one ride i have come back from that i didnt have to restraighten the rims or smash the beads back again.

54warrior
03-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
No, but lubing it is... just messing with you. :p I agree it sucks trying to keep the quads going but like most other hobbies... it ain't cheap.

I replaced one of these once. Now I loosen it every so often and give it a couple turns to keep it free.

400EXtreme
03-28-2007, 10:00 AM
this is why i got a rid of my 400ex and switched over... best decision ive made in awhile.

03-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by premiumtommy
dude it's an off-road vehicle. its supposed to be beaten and abused. and well, stuff breaks

i dont remember one ride i have come back from that i didnt have to restraighten the rims or smash the beads back again.

that is sad...i ride hard and afst, but i have never had to do that...but then again...i care for my bike adn want it to last and be in good shape when i sell it.

maitenance is key on these things

ZeroLogic
03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Switch to bikes, much cheaper and ***** don't break as much. I rarely ride my 300ex and so far between this year and last year it has cost me between total rebuild ($300) Motor rebuild ($500) Battery and regular crap ($150). During the fall I have to dump another $300 into it for a new timing chain axel carrier and other parts too. I rarely ride too! But just keep your quad clean as possible, get all of the dirt and sand off and every once in a while tear her apart and grease everything. Change your oil often and keep those vaulve clearance in check. I've learned my lesson so now I am switching to bikes over the summer.

TGW_400ex
03-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by premiumtommy

Your talking about rims and I'm talking about a 30-40 dollar bolt that shouldn't need replaced.

03-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Mine came out with a sludg hammer :devil: From pounding it out the threads got all crushed and so b4 I put the bolt back in I drilled a hole in were the threds are and used a washer and cotter pen instead of a nut.

Aceman
03-28-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm talking about a 30-40 dollar bolt that shouldn't need replaced.

Apparently, you just aren't getting it. The reason it needs replaced is because the bearings weren't lubricated properly. It is common knowledge the pivot bolt siezes without lubrication. Lubricate your quad more often or be prepared to start replacing parts when bearings fail/sieze.