PDA

View Full Version : questions about 03 z400

R3b3lx
03-27-2007, 07:47 PM
thinking of trading my blaster for an 03 z 400....it has a few aftermarket things on it...BUT
it has a cracked case where the chain broke and hit it. i have a friend who TIG welds and he has told me this is a repair he can do for 40 bucks...BUT..if i have to remove the case...how hard is that to do? do i have to disassemble the entire engine to get the side case off? any other concerns i should have about the 03's...i dont wanna get rid of my blaster which is perfectly fine for something thats gonna cost me a small fortune to fix.

kfxwizzard400
04-01-2007, 11:03 AM
If it were me i would just keep your blaster and look around a little more for other quads..how much does he want for this ltz? if you get it for a ridiculously low price just buy a motor off ebay. otherwise stay away from it. jst my opinion on what i would do

Z-Rider86
04-03-2007, 02:03 PM
I had the chain jump and smack the case where the shifter peg comes out of the case. Naturally, it exploded into a bunch of pieces and I was lucky I knew a VERY good metal worker who machined a new piece, welded it on and now it looks like new. BUT, I wouldn't ever recomend it to anyone. Go with wizzard's idea, keep the blaster until you can find another or even better deal.

4TraxRider
04-05-2007, 03:25 PM
If it's cheaper and your friend is a certified welder, then go for it. Make sure there are no peices inside the motor before you weld it. Have him weld the front shock mounts while hes at it also, i have esp, I know they're cracked. I would wait for an 04 or newer though if your not really looking to sell right away. I think you'd be happier in the long run.