PDA

View Full Version : Want To RACE!!!!!!! How do I start

indycowcutter
10-07-2002, 08:30 PM
I've been riding for a long time but I have never raced other than local drags and stuff but I want to get in to Some type of either MX or CC but I haven't got the first idea where to start. I live in Indiana, not far from Indianapolis Some one please help me get started!!!!

Pappy
10-07-2002, 08:32 PM
find someone that does the type of racing you are interseted in and tag along to a few races. it will give you a better idea of what is involved and such. then...go racin:D

Mxbubs
10-07-2002, 09:29 PM
Rob a bank, or win the lotto.

bradley300
10-10-2002, 08:06 AM
there are plenty of people here going to the ironman gncc. just ask if you can meet someone there. i will pm you if i decide to go and i will meet you there and help you get signed up and everything

what you need- a quad or dirtbike (honda or c'dale)
39 for ama membership
10 dollar gate fee
30 dollar entry fee
kill switch
determination

CPW
10-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Want To RACE!!!!!!! How do I start

If you race XC it will be dead engine! lol

MX will be with a gate! hahahahaha

sorry I was bored.

Johnny

DarkStarRacing
10-10-2002, 11:23 AM
check with your local tracks and see if they have races, once you feel comfortable with the track race....:devil

chavez
10-10-2002, 02:33 PM
if info is what you are looking for go to ama or atva find your district get the schedule go check them out i think racerx has links to tt and mx and i know they do have alink to XC or if you want and i have time pm me with your location and i can look it up

chavez
10-10-2002, 02:39 PM
i just seen you were from indy the last gncc is in crawfordsville come on down we could hook up i will be there friday morning race is saturday first race at 10:00 am and the second at 1:00pm its a blast lots of nice people there