PDA

View Full Version : bog issue please help thanks

woodsrider4ever
03-27-2007, 06:23 PM
i had diffrent jets to run in the winter so i took thoughs out for summer riding and cleande everything out and put the stock ones back in. i believe i put the needel back to the right place too for stock setting (4th down). well anyways the only thing that was changed was the after market fuel screw that i added. i ran it after i was done and it was boging when i hit the throttel the only thing i can think of is unscrew the fuel srcew(more gas) and more the clip on the needel down. the engin and everythin is stock. the header was also red hot more than usualy is and was after i shut it off (too lean????).any sugestions would be helpfull sorry for the long typeup!

woodsrider4ever
03-29-2007, 03:21 PM
does anyone have any idea?

Ride1Rob
03-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Did you go up or down on your jetting? Since it bogging when you hit the throttle it's dumping too much gas off of idle. Play with your fuel/air screw and that should get rid of it. I'd screw it all the way in first, then turn it out 2 turns. Then see if it boggs. If so, turn it out a half turn and see if it boggs again. It should be anywhere from 2 to 3 turns out from completely closed. I can't remember the stock setting on the needle. But 4th clip should be fine. More than often these bikes run lean while idleing. My pipe has always turned red when it's sitting still. Run it through the gears and get into 5th. If it starts cutting out while you're full throttle it's asking for more fuel. That means it's running too lean. You'll have to richin it then.

woodsrider4ever
03-30-2007, 08:03 PM
ok thanks i have also been looking at the plug too t ohelp me tell if its to rich or too lean