PDA

View Full Version : Problems

videofool666
03-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Well...about a month ago i was out freeriding with a couple of buddies...we found a huge uphill drainage ditch i was hitting it about 4th gear mid range..anyways...the fourth or so time i hit it i noticed a branch on the ground...the only one within about 50 feet or so...sure enough i hit it it went straight through my radiator guards and jabbed my radiator. all the coolant drained out as expected...but the next day when i went to trace the leak it wouldn't take any fluid so i thought it was pinched..so i looked at it...it looks fine it just won't let any fluid into the actual radiator..there is a hole for sure but it just won't take any liquid i blew it out and flushed it...it was a very slow leak...also i am having problems recently with my jetting...im running entirely to rich..smells like straight gas running...i pin it it bogs...i have a custom endcap that is just the spark arrestor cut off and the snorkle removed from the airbox...it ran perfect until recently i stab the throttle and it just dies...i don't have the money to spend on a jet kit..and im new to 4 stroke carbs i was hoping i could just buy the jets a piece to cost less...if any help at all on either subject please tell..

quad97
03-29-2007, 04:55 PM
The radiator may only leak when it is hot and has pressure in it. If the bike ran fine before, then you probably do not need to rejet it. There must be something that got into the carb and plugged something or the choke is stuck open. Take it apart and clean it before messing with jets.