PDA

View Full Version : To sell the quad or not.....

Punk'd
03-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Im thinking about selling my 450r for a streetbike. Im going off to college nextyear and I will never have time to ride it. Basically it will just sit in my garage until I return. Kind of pointless if you ask me, but my question is.. Should I sell it now and buy this 2005 R6 for close to 5 grand? (1900miles never dropped, showroom condition) or just wait? Also I have a Ford Ranger that sucks gas and I prolly wont have a good job in college to pay for all of that gas, I figured a bike would help out some. BTW im buying the bike from a good friend so theres nothing wrong with it. Also check out my bike and let me know how much you think its worth. I listed it kind of high just to see what people are willing to pay for it.

Let me know what you guys think.. THANKS!

Heres the link

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/301490551.html

esr250r86
03-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I would keep it at your house, that way when you have time to ride you know you still have a quad back home that you can take out when you want to and not worrying about buying another one after your done and then putting all of the modifications back into it, but its whatever you think is necessary I guess. Good luck in college.:)

Punk'd
03-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
I would keep it at your house, that way when you have time to ride you know you still have a quad back home that you can take out when you want to and not worrying about buying another one after your done and then putting all of the modifications back into it, but its whatever you think is necessary I guess. Good luck in college.:)

Hey man thanks for the comment. I also forgot to mention I might be going to college out of state:scary: Thats kind of why Im thinking of selling.

mikeB
03-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Id keep the 450.. dont worrie about the bike.. and just use your ranger.

worst comes to worst sell the 450 if you need to for gas or somthin.

Aceman
03-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Sell it if it's just gonna sit. No sense that much money just sitting there not doing anything for you.

Punk'd
03-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Sell it if it's just gonna sit. No sense that much money just sitting there not doing anything for you.

This is how im feeling.. Whats the point in letting something considered nice now days that I can acually get some money for sit for 4 or so years while it gets outdated and the value of it decreases.

Aceman
03-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
This is how im feeling.. Whats the point in letting something considered nice now days that I can acually get some money for sit for 4 or so years while it gets outdated and the value of it decreases.

Bingo!

03-27-2007, 07:41 PM
What kind of street bike are u looking for?

Punk'd
03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Polak1035
What kind of street bike are u looking for?

Already have one picked out, its a 05 R6.

By reading the decription and looking at the pictures in the link does anyone have an idea what a good price would be to sell it for?

WHITE SEAT
03-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Sell the 450 and get the street bike, I mean if it's going to be sitting in your garage for 4 years gathering dust you should just sell the 450 and get the street bike.

Punk'd
03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by WHITE SEAT
Sell the 450 and get the street bike, I mean if it's going to be sitting in your garage for 4 years gathering dust you should just sell the 450 and get the street bike.

I agree.. and by the time I get out of college im sure there will be a new toy ill have to get my hands on:devil:

How much should I ask for for my 450. (Check out the decription and pictures in the link)

MO-EX-RIDER
03-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd

By reading the decription and looking at the pictures in the link does anyone have an idea what a good price would be to sell it for?

price will definately depend on how long you have it...i think a little lower price($4800-5k imo)will result in a faast sale

firefighterjosh
03-27-2007, 11:10 PM
So you want to sell your 450 and buy a street bike. When are you going to have time to ride the street bike? If you are going away to college its going to be sitting at home still. If you throw it in the back of your ranger and take it to college where are you going to store it? In the back of your ranger?

If you decide to sell the quad I would not buy a street bike. I would just save the money go to college. You will prally never drive much anyways. Then buy another quad later.

Punk'd
03-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
price will definately depend on how long you have it...i think a little lower price($4800-5k imo)will result in a faast sale

That sounds about right. Would you guys reccommend selling some parts sepperate from the bike. Like my Hipers and Precision for example?

strnge
03-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Let me explain something to you......You will not ride your R6, if you buy it, while your in college.

I never rode my bike and wanted actually have a car with 4 doors to fit all my crap to/from college and to fit as many HONEY's in my car as I could. Not alot of people have cars in college. TAKE THE TRUCK if it is the only thing you have.

Also you can invite people back to your town from school, to go riding while on a brake from school. You can probably get some friends to give up thier quads to you to use for a day. Hell they'll probably go with you.

KEEP THE QUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORGET THE BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

250Renvy
03-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Sell it while you can get some money for it. They'll still be making 450R's when you are done and they'll be much better. Keep stuff like the hipers because you can use them on any honda.

Do school, get a good job and come back to quads after. Forget about the streetbike, it'll be a waste as well. Keep the money for tuition or something that way you don't have to take out loans unless money isn't an issue then I'd keep the quad.

Punk'd
03-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Does anyone know if its possible to buy a bike from a friend being only 17? Would I still be able to title and licence it considering im not 18 yet? I cant find anything on having to be 18 to take over a title. Thanks!

strnge
03-28-2007, 03:20 AM
You can purchase it and title it in your name and drive it. The only thing is you have to be 16 for a licence.

You sound like you have your mind made up anyway.

Remember it takes about 3 years after you finish college to make any "REAL" money to spend on toys. Don't forget you have to pay on loans IMMEDIATLY after you graduate or quit school. You'll be lucky to afford a decent car when your done with school before 2 or 3 years.

Most of the people on here have not even graduated high school, so weigh heavily that you are taking advice from kids who have not even experianced what your asking. Not that I am saying everyone is young on here, but I think you know what I mean.

Mike